SAN FRANCISCO, February 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global calcium carbonate market size is expected to be valued at USD 34.28 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 5.7% CAGR during the forecast period. Apart from being used in the construction, paper, and plastic industries, calcium carbonate also finds application as a dietary supplement, an additive for PVC, and in metalloids and minerals.
Demand for calcium carbonate from the paper industry has witnessed a significant rise in recent years, signifying an increase in paper production, and this trend is likely to continue over the upcoming years as well. While precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) and ground calcium carbonate are both used for the production of paper, the former remains the favored material owing to the operational flexibility it renders.
Asia Pacific is estimated to be the fastest and largest growing market for calcium carbonate on a global level, backed by rapid growth of the paper and plastics industries. Demand in the region is likely to be propelled by factors such as rise in paper production, establishment of new paper mills, and increase in mineral loadings of paper to cut down pulp usage.
Establishment of on-site production facilities, especially for supplying high-quality PCC to paper mills, is a key strategy adopted by leading market participants. Product development is also of prime importance in the industry. Notable players in the industry include Mineral Technologies Inc.; Omya; Parchem Specialty & Fine Chemicals; and Imerys Pigments.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Calcium Carbonate Market Size, Share & Analysis Report By Application (Paper, Paints & Coatings, Plastics, Adhesives & Sealants), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, MEA, CSA), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/calcium-carbonate-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global calcium carbonate demand was 113.7 million tons in 2016 and is expected to reach 180.1 million tons by 2025, at an estimated CAGR of 5.3% from 2017 to 2025
- The paper industry accounted for approximately 50% of the global calcium carbonate demand in 2016 and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period
- The paints and coatings segment is expected to register a CAGR of 5.9% in terms of revenue over the forecast period
- Displacement of resin permits significant cost savings on raw materials by replacing about 40% of plastic with calcium carbonate
- Asia Pacific dominates the global demand. It also accounted for the leading revenue share of 36.9% in 2016. The region is also expected to witness fastest growth over the forecast period.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Silica Gel Market - The Global silica gel market is expected to witness growth in light of its increasing application in food & beverage, pharmaceutical, paints & coatings, plastics and inks & printing industries.
- Polymer Microinjection Molding Market - Growing demand for miniature materials for various applications spread across widespread end use industries including medical, electronics, automotive and telecom is expected to be a key factor driving the overall market for microinjection polymer molding.
- Tempered Glass Market - The Global tempered glass market was estimated at 2,542.1 million square meters in 2014 and is expected to witness growth on account of rising demand from the automotive sector.
- Bioceramics Market - The Global bioceramics market size was USD 12.31 billion in 2014 and is expected to witness significant growth over the next seven years owing to increasing demand from the orthopedic and dental implants sector.
Grand View Research has segmented the global calcium carbonate market on the basis of application and region:
- Calcium Carbonate Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Paints & Coatings
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Calcium Carbonate Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Central & South America
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/advanced-materials
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.