SAN FRANCISCO, March 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global C-RAN market size is expected to reach USD 43.35 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 22.7% over the forecast period, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Rapid technological advancements in optical and wireless communication systems is expected to drive the growth. Furthermore, multiple benefits such as reduced energy consumption, simplification of network management and operation, the lower total cost of ownership, enhance the efficiency of the spectrum, pooling of resources, and reuse of infrastructure have led to the cloud radio access network market witnessing an increased demand.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Centralized RAN segment is expected to dominate the market and is expected to reach USD 38.17 billion by 2027, owing to technological advancements offered for optical, wireless, and IT communication systems
- Based on component, the infrastructure segment acquired the dominant market share of 51.30% in 2019 and is anticipated to continue leading over the forecast period, owing to rapid adoption of radio technology and architecture to meet 5G requirement
- LTE and 5G segment held the largest share of the C-RAN market 94.11% in 2019 and is estimated to witness growth over the forecast period, as a result of the operators seeking for better alternative techniques and architecture, which can help reduce energy cost, provide better coverage, agile network traffic management as well as time-high-throughput
- Based on deployment, the outdoor segment dominated the market in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 35.30 billion by 2027. The major deployment of C-RAN architecture by the mobile operator at the outdoor environment provides better coverage in areas, such as urban market, stadiums, and others
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest regional market over the forecast period, owing to the factors such as growing deployment of C-RAN architecture as an initiative to commercialize of 5G in countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea
- Prominent market participants include Altiostar; ASOCS Ltd; Cisco Systems, Inc.; Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson; FUJITSU; Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd; NEC Corporation; Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.; Nokia Corporation; and ZTE Corporation
Read 132 page research report with ToC on "C-RAN Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Architecture Type (Centralized-RAN, Virtual/Cloud-RAN), By Component, By Network Type, By Deployment Model, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cloud-ran-market/
The growing network congestion owing to limited spectrum availability and the smart devices usage has compelled the demand for enhanced network architectures, such as cloud-RAN. The mobile operators are facing the challenge, as technology trend in the wireless networking industry is shifting from the current 3G wireless mobile communication technology to more advanced 4G technologies, such as LTE and LTE-A. This change has increased the cost of implementation, as in most scenarios, large network providers have been obliged to support multi-standard networks.
The rapid rise in the deployment of 5G will further increase the burden on the currently available operation model and infrastructure. The cloud-RAN architecture uses the small-cell model and has been recognized as a favorable methodology to address the 5G standards. It is an innovative architecture, which can solve different challenges that the mobile operators face while trying to support the growing needs of end users, then it is appreciated as a major technological basis for 5G network. The increasing activities to test 5G networks across countries, including South Korea, China, Japan, and U.S. is estimated to drive the market growth from 2020 to 2027.
Asia Pacific dominated the cloud radio access network market in 2019 and is projected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. The growth can be attributed to the initiatives taken by the network operators and governments across countries, such as Japan, South Korea, and China to roll out 5G deployment in the next five years.
The market for C-RAN is predominantly consolidated in nature with presence of several key participants dominating at global level. Some of the key players include Cisco Systems, Inc.; Nokia; SAMSUNG; Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.; Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson; ZTE Corporation; Intel Corporation; NEC Corporation; and Altiostar.
Grand View Research has segmented the global C-RAN market based on architecture, network, deployment, and region:
- C-RAN Architecture Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Virtualized/Cloud RAN
- C-RAN Network Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- LTE & 5G
- C-RAN Deployment Model Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- C-RAN Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Communications Infrastructure Industry, by Grand View Research:
- IT Asset Disposition Market – Rising awareness regarding the benefits associated with proper disposition of assets is expected to boost the demand in the coming years.
- Server Market – Rising adoption of data analytics by enterprises to understand consumer trends has resulted in the growing adoption of IT networking equipment.
- Data Center Networking Market – The growing volumes of u nstructured data across various industry verticals are expected to drive the demand for data center networking solutions.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.