- New features push the limits of collaboration, cloud storage and project communication
PASADENA, California, May 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Bluebeam Software, developers of award-winning PDF creation, markup and collaboration solutions for architecture, engineering and construction, is launching Bluebeam Revu 10 in Danish, Swedish, German, Finnish and Norwegian. With several new features including real-time collaboration with integrated cloud storage, hyperlink management, space definition, 3D PDF creation and markup to 3D views – Revu 10 proves there are no limits to what project teams can achieve with digital workflows.
"We challenge ourselves to create solutions that take digital workflows further," said Bluebeam Software CEO Richard Lee. "Revu 10 is artfully designed to be undefined, allowing our customers to innovate and demonstrate that anything is possible."
New features enabling users to take digital workflows to the next level include:
- Bluebeam Studio™ projects – This simple document management system in the cloud enables users to store and share 5GBs of PDFs and other Windows files for free. Files stored in projects can also be added to Bluebeam Studio sessions for simultaneous review with others. Non-Revu users can access PDFs stored in Studio using Bluebeam's new free PDF viewer, Bluebeam Vu™.
- 3D PDF creation and markup – Revu CAD and eXtreme™ users can now use plugins to Revit® and Navisworks® Manage to create 3D PDFs, and all Revu users can add markups to 3D views. Together, this functionality allows everyone to communicate complex design changes without requiring access to expensive BIM applications.
- Links – Important project information is just one click away. Revu's new hyperlink manager enables users to insert, view and edit hyperlinks quickly. Any time a hyperlink is changed, Revu can update all instances automatically, saving significant time and reducing errors.
- Spaces – Define spaces on PDFs to automatically assign markups to specified areas. When a markup is placed in a defined Space, the location is tracked in the Markups list, which can be sorted, filtered and summarized.
"In addition to these major enhancements, we redesigned the user interface to make it easier to access tools and customize toolbars on the fly," Lee said. "Our objective was to build a flexible and fully-customizable interface to give users the power to define how they work, in any given environment."
Bluebeam Software products are sold internationally through Bluebeam AB and a global network of resellers. Learn more at www.bluebeam.dk.
About Bluebeam Software
Not your typical software company, Bluebeam Software makes smart, simple solutions for paperless workflows based on the PDF format. Founded in 2002 in Pasadena, California, Bluebeam's award-winning PDF creation, markup and collaboration solutions are used by the world's top design and construction firms, government agencies, and other technical professionals, as an intuitive, easy-to-use, solution for dramatically improved workflows. Bluebeam supports customers in over 50 countries directly through its Account Services team, Bluebeam AB and extensive reseller network.
SOURCE Bluebeam Software