SAN FRANCISCO, October 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global bleaching clay market is expected to reach USD 1.09 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Bleaching clay plays an important role in refining, lightening, and decolorizing edible oil. The increasing production of refined vegetable oil is one of the key factors driving the market demand. Bleaching clay is also used for removal of phospholipids, sulfuric acid, sludge, sulfonic acid, free fatty acids, and traces of metal in oils. Besides these applications, it is used in effluent treatment plants and as an ingredient in cosmetic products.
Higher oilseed crop yield and technological developments are expected to increase the demand for bleaching clay consumed in the edible oils & fats application segment. The growing demand for baby lotions & emollients coupled with recycling of lubricants & waste oils is projected to drive the mineral oils & lubricants segment.
Most of the manufacturers are engaged in mining activities in order to maintain an efficient supply chain and gain a competitive edge in the market.Certifications such as Kosher, HACCP, and Halal provide the competitive advantage to the players.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Bleaching Clay Market Analysis By Application (Edible Oils & Fats, Mineral Oils & Lubricants) And Segment Forecasts To 2024" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bleaching-clay-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global bleaching clay market demand exceeded 1,750 kilo tons in 2015 and is expected to exceed 2,600 kilo tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2016 to 2024
- Edible oils & fats emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for over 80% of total market volume in 2015. The segment is primarily influenced by the growing vegetable oil production in Asia Pacific and Americas.
- Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest growth of 5.2% over the forecast period on account of the increasing palm oil production in Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and India
- Rising oilseed crop yield on account of technological developments, better fertilizers, and subsidiaries given by the government to promote farming activities is projected to positively impact the vegetable oil industry, which in turn is anticipated to increase the amount of bleaching clay consumed in the region
- Backward integration is one of the major strategies adopted by companies operating in this market to ensure unlimited access to mines and maintain a continuous supply of raw materials
- Major companies operating in the market space include BASF SE, Clariant International AG, Oil-Dri Corporation of America, Taiko Group of Companies, Musim Mas Holdings, and AMCOL Specialty Minerals among others
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Surface Disinfectant Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surface-disinfectant-market
- Food preservatives Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/food-preservatives-market
- Sodium Chlorite Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sodium-chlorite-market
- Alcohol Based Disinfectant Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alcohol-based-disinfectant-market
Grand View Research has segmented the bleaching clay market on the basis of application and region:
- Global Bleaching Clay Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2014 - 2024)
- Edible oils & fats
- Mineral oils & lubricants
- Global Bleaching Clay Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2014 - 2024)
- Costa Rica
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/bulk-chemicals
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.