LONDON, May 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
BioTrinity 2015 hosted nearly 950 executives and investors from the life science sector
OBN - the membership organisation supporting the UK's emerging life sciences companies - announces today that BioTrinity, its annual conference, has confirmed its position as Europe's leading investment and biopartnering conference, with 950 delegates present, building on its growing momentum and success in the sector.
Jon Rees, CEO of OBN, said: "This year's BioTrinity, our second in London, has been a great success. Once again we have attracted a large number of delegates from across Europe, with a record number of investors, and extremely high calibre panelists. We also extended our reach in medtech with a dedicated MediTrinity programme session which was well received by companies and investors."
The success of BioTrinity 2015 as Europe's largest life sciences investment conference is reflected by:
- Nearly 950 delegates from over 585 companies from more than 30 countries across Europe, Asia and North America;
- Participation of more than 160 delegates from over a 100 investment firms from 13 countries specialising in funding emerging biotechnology and life science companies as well as more than 75 pharmaceutical company delegates;
- 105 company pitches for partners and investment among 180 speakers throughout the two-day conference
- This year saw about 2,500 one-to-one partnering meetings scheduled
- Growing demand for and participation in 11 specialised workshops
- Hosting Europe's largest life sciences investment dinner, in the BioTrinity Investor Dinner 2015
Antoine Papiernik, Managing Partner at Sofinnova Partners, spoke on a panel discussing the new IPO reality and the differences between the US and Europe. He comments: "BioTrinity 2015 has broken all records, and clearly established itself as a central biopartnering event in Europe, a conference one needs to attend."
Photos available on request
OBN is the Membership organisation supporting and bringing together the UK's emerging life sciences companies, corporate partners and investors. Our 380-plus Member companies are located across the Golden Triangle and beyond to Nottingham, Manchester and Scotland and benefit from our networking, partnering, purchasing, advising and advocacy activities. OBN is best known for its delivery of BioTrinity (10th Anniversary Edition: April 25-27, 2016), Europe's leading life sciences investment and biopartnering conference - also see http://www.biotrinity.com . Further information about OBN's tailored networking and partnering events, purchasing consortium, advice, consultancy services and advocacy activities is available on OBN's website http://www.obn.org.uk
Jon Rees, CEO
Citigate Dewe Rogerson