SAN FRANCISCO, December 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global biopharmaceuticals contract manufacturing market size is expected to reach USD 21.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. Growing biopharmaceutical pipeline and lack of adequate manufacturing capabilities are two key factors driving partnerships between large molecule manufacturers and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs). Contract manufacturers are engaged in broadening their service portfolio to meet companies' demand with respect to regulatory standards and new services.
Reliance of companies on CMOs for production of biologics and biosimilars is expected to rise over the forecast period as a consequence of changes adopted by CMOs. This is evident through growing investments in collaborations of companies with CMOs as well as continuous efforts taken up for broadening service portfolios.
The growth of CMOs is highly dependent on promising opportunities offered by the biopharmaceutical industry, bioprocessing industry, and contract service industry. Expansion of fill-and-finish services and increasing robustness of venture capital investments in the life science sector are important opportunities that are anticipated to drive the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Market Analysis Report By Source, By Service (Process Development, Analytical & QC Studies), By Product (Biologics, Biosimilars), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biopharmaceuticals-contract-manufacturing-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Based on source, mammalian-based biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing captured the largest market share owing to high penetration of mammalian expression systems for biologics development
- By service, upstream and downstream services accounted for the largest revenue share. Complexities associated with these steps pronounces demand for established contract manufacturers to ensure manufacturing processes compliant with regulatory standards
- Biologics contract manufacturing dominated the market based on product owing to higher demand for biologics production. However, the biosimilar segment is slated to exhibit a lucrative CAGR due to cost-saving advantages associated with its development
- Presence of effective regulatory framework for biologics development in U.S. has resulted in North America market accounting for the dominant share in 2017. However, Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing regional market, with developing economies expanding at a substantial pace and incorporating developments to sustain the competition
- Several international companies are seeking outsourcing of biopharmaceutical production to Asian countries owing to continuous expansion of Asian CMOs that offer services at a reduced price, compared to service providers based in western countries
- Some of the key service providers are Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH; Lonza; Samsung BioLogics; and FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Regenerative Medicine Market - The global regenerative medicine market size was estimated at USD 1,792.1 million in 2016.
- Biopharmaceutical CMO & CRO Market - The global biopharmaceutical CMO & CRO (contract manufacturing & research) market size was estimated at 18,088.9 million in 2016.
- Aptamers Market - The global aptamers market size was valued at USD 723.6 million in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 28.2% during the forecast period.
- Stem Cells Market - The global stem cells market size was estimated at USD 6.87 billion in 2016.
Grand View Research has segmented the global biopharmaceuticals contract manufacturing market on the basis of source, service, product, and region:
- Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Process Development
- Fill & Finish Operations
- Analytical & QC Studies
- Process Development
- Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Monoclonal Antibodies (MAbs)
- Recombinant Proteins
- Antisense, RNAi, & Molecular Therapy
- Biopharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.