SAN FRANCISCO, October 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global battery raw materials market size is expected to reach USD 68.57 billion by 2025 at a 7.4% CAGR during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is anticipated to grow on account of technological advancements and innovations in batteries used in external power generating systems.
Battery manufacturers lay greater emphasis on sourcing materials with mining and processing of raw materials undertaken by major companies operating in the market. The industry is characterized by presence of stringent regulatory framework with regulations imposed on mining, processing, assembling, packaging, shipping, and waste disposal.
Rechargeable lithium ion batteries are used extensively in comparison to conventional lead acid batteries due to emergence of environmental concerns. In addition, growth in use of renewable sources of energy such as solar is expected to result in heightened demand for lithium batteries.
The lead acid battery industry is predominantly saturated and the scope for growth of the technology used in the product is relatively limited as a result. Diminishing application scope and concerns regarding use of carcinogenic materials in lead batteries are also expected to limit industry growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Battery Raw Materials Market Analysis Report By Li-Ion Battery Material (Cathode, Anode, Separator), By Lead Acid Battery Material, By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/battery-raw-material-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- By material, LTO is expected to be the fastest growing segment, in terms of volume, registering a CAGR of 22.1% from 2018 to 2025 owing to lesser recharging time required by the material for reuse
- On the basis of application, the automotive segment is anticipated to exhibit the fastest growth, registering a CAGR of 14.1% from 2018 to 2025 on account of proliferation of a number of major and medium scale companies focused on manufacturing electric vehicles
- Cathode materials used in lead acid battery are expected to exhibit a growth of CAGR of 6.3%, in terms of revenue from 2018 to 2025, on account of growing number of innovations and technological advancements in electrode materials in a bid to increase operational efficiency
- Key companies engaged in the industry customize battery production in line with application. Companies involved in manufacturing operate across the globe through extensive distribution networks.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Oil Storage Market - The global oil storage market size was 1.42 billion cubic meters in 2015.
- Steam Turbine Market - The global steam turbine market size exceeded USD 11.50 billion in 2015.
- Hydrogen Storage Market - The hydrogen storage market size was valued at USD 4.0 billion in 2015 and is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
- Battery Management System Market - The global Battery Management System (BMS) market size was valued at USD 1.87 billion in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global battery raw materials market on the basis of li-ion battery material, lead acid battery material, other battery material, application, and region.
- Li-Ion Battery Material Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Natural Graphite
- Artificial Graphite
- Amorphous Carbon
- Si Compounds
- Packaging Material
- Lead Acid Battery Material Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Other Batteries Material Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Li-Ion Battery Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Consumer Electronics
- Grid Storage
- Lead Acid Battery Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of the World
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.