SAN FRANCISCO, May 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global athletic footwear market size is expected to reach USD 95.14 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period. The market is estimated to witness considerable growth over the forecast period owing to growing global population, rising awareness regarding health benefits, and active participation in fitness activities and global sports events.
Major global sports events such as Olympics, ICC Cricket World Cup, National Basketball Association (NBA) league, FIFA World Cup, and The Championships, Wimbledon play an imperative role in fuelling demand for athletic footwear. It has been observed that the market witnessed a higher growth rate during the years when Olympics (both summer and winter) took place, that is during 2012, 2014, and 2016, owing to training and participation of aspiring as well as established athletes and sportspersons.
Athletic footwear is typically made up of three primary components, namely upper section, mid sole, and outsole. Major players, such as Adidas AG; Nike, Inc.; and Under Armour, Inc. are innovating upper section of shoes using the 3D printing technology.
The mid sole plays an important role as it is responsible for ensuring stability and providing cushioning to users. Prominent manufacturers have been focusing on enhancing the mid sole to ensure the comfort of athletes. For instance, Adidas AG adopted the Boost technology over the traditional Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)-based technology. The Boost technology is based on using capsules of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU), an elastomer possessing high abrasion rate, high flexibility levels, and longer life as compared to conventional EVA.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Athletic Footwear Market Size, Share, & Trends Analysis Report By Category (Running Shoes, Sports Shoes, Aerobic Shoes, Walking Shoes, Trekking Shoes), By Gender, By Retail Channel, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/athletic-footwear-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Running shoes are anticipated to register the highest shipments by 2025 at around 392 million units
- The sports shoes segment was valued at around USD 18.3 billion in 2017 and is likely to post the highest CAGR during the forecast period
- The kids segment is poised to exhibit the highest CAGR of 6.3% in terms of revenue during the forecast period
- The North America region accounted for the largest revenue share in the market in 2017 and is projected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period
- The key players in the industry include Nike, Inc.; Adidas AG; Under Armour, Inc.; and Puma SE.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Market - The global fruit and vegetable juices market size was valued at USD 154.18 billion in 2016.
- Soap and Detergent Market - The global soap and detergent market size was estimated at USD 97.26 billion in 2016
- Packaged Water Market - The global packaged water market size was valued at USD 255.7 billion in 2016, and is anticipated to reach USD 470.0 billion by 2025.
- Books Market - The global books market size was valued at USD 115.0 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.9% over the forecast period
Grand View Research has segmented the global athletic footwear market into category, gender, and distribution channel.
- Athletic Footwear Category Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Aerobic Shoes
- Running Shoes
- Walking Shoes
- Trekking & Hiking Shoes
- Sports Shoes
- Rugby & American football
- Ice Hockey
- Athletic Footwear Gender Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Athletic Footwear Retail Channel Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Brick & Mortar
- Athletic Footwear Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.