Adaptive Network Security Now Available in Asia Pacific and Africa, with Additional Gateways in Europe and North America
BROOMFIELD, Colorado, Oct. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- To stay ahead of the everchanging global threat landscape, enterprises are transitioning from traditional, premises-based security measures to next-generation solutions that both simplify and bolster their defenses. With the volume and sophistication of cybersecurity threats at an all-time high, Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is expanding its cloud-based, next-generation Adaptive Network Security footprint to new regions and additional gateways around the world. Businesses operating in Asia Pacific and Africa can now access the global, network-based firewall service.
Adaptive Network Security is a cloud-based security solution that combines next-generation firewalling capabilities – including intrusion defense systems and intrusion protection systems, anti-malware sandboxing, data loss protection, URL and web content filtering and application awareness and control – with the ability for customers to bring their own bandwidth to support a number of hybrid-networking scenarios.
Learn how Adaptive Network Security helps global enterprises bolster their security postures, while reducing cost and complexity: http://www.level3.com/en/products/adaptive-enterprise-network-security/.
- Customers can access Adaptive Network Security through a constellation of security gateways distributed across Asia Pacific; Europe, Middle East and Africa and North America, all interconnected via Level 3's expansive, global VPN backbone.
- Adaptive Network Security provides customers visibility and control to monitor, block and report cyber attacks.
- Level 3 monitors over 1.3 billion security events across 94 billion NetFlow sessions daily, in addition to activity by over 5,000 command and control servers (C2s) and malicious IPs, creating rules to detect and block attacks.
- The cloud-based architecture of Adaptive Network Security enables enterprises to "future-proof" their security environments by breaking the hardware dependency cycle and allowing features and functions to be custom configured, depending on a customer's specific needs.
- With Level 3's carrier-agnostic approach to network solutions, Adaptive Network Security offers customers compatibility with, and uniform security coverage across, today's distributed hybrid networks, from data centers and cloud deployments to branches, remote offices and mobile workers.
- Through Level 3's customer portal, users can view their entire Adaptive Network Security ecosystem, enabling access to a multitude of reports and gateway performance metrics.
Chris Richter, SVP of Global Managed Security Services for Level 3
"While the threat landscape continues to evolve, enterprises are seeing the cost and complexity of security solutions continue to rise. Level 3's expansion of Adaptive Network Security marks the next step in delivering adaptive networking solutions to break the hardware dependency cycle and reduce the administrative burden of trying to stay ahead of bad actors. Global businesses can leverage Adaptive Network Security for the latest security technology to keep their networks and workforces secure while they focus on what matters most to their business."
- Watch this video to gain strategies for addressing the evolving threat landscape
- Learn the benefits of network-based security
- Explore the features of Level 3 Adaptive Network Security
- See the latest threat intelligence for Europe and the latest threat intelligence for Asia Pacific
For more information on Level 3's advanced network and service offerings, visit www.level3.com.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.