SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global apoptosis assay market size is expected to reach USD 7.5 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 7.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Extensive research activities on expanding applications of drug-induced apoptosis assays have propelled the inclination of pharmaceutical manufacturers towards incorporating cell cycle products in the drug discovery and designing process. The introduction of affordable and easy to perform kits that can be accommodated in complex experiments is expected to minimize the overhead costs of apoptosis experiments. Companies are providing highly precise reagents and lot-to-lot reproducibility in sample measurements.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The kits segment dominated the market and accounted for a revenue share of around 50.0% owing to increasing investment by key market players
- Increase in the demand for fluorochrome-labeled inhibitors of caspases has made reagents the fastest growing product segment in the market
- Application of these inhibitors with other techniques is anticipated to enhance the apoptosis assessment, thereby driving segment growth
- Owing to the wide adoption and easy availability of products, flow cytometry is estimated to account for a substantial share of approximately 35.0% in 2019
- The increasing significance of continuous monitoring of programmed cell death across novel drug discoveries and development of advanced therapeutics is set to propel market growth
- North America has dominated the market in terms of revenue share in 2019, and Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the coming years as a result of the expanding CRO landscape in the region
- Key companies are competing in terms of a combination of products and services in order to maintain market share.
Read 140 page research report with ToC on "Apoptosis Assay Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Kits, Reagents), By Assay Type (Caspase, DNA Fragmentation), By Technique, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/apoptosis-market
Professionals at pharmaceutical companies are making use of cell-cycle inhibitors and Apoptosis-Inducing Factors (AIF)/ molecules to explore possible drug targets. Also, high demand for caspase activity assays along with Bcl-2 protein family across pharmaceutical companies for apoptosis detection has been observed in recent years. Biotechnology companies are enhancing quantification techniques to enable real-time monitoring of apoptotic cellular dynamics.
The presence of established guidelines and protocols for cell-potency assays has strengthened the development of efficient cell-death detection assays. Whereas, stringent regulations with respect to the approval of cell-potency assays are ensuring successful uptake of market products launched.
The flow cytometry segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2019. This is attributed to the increasing adoption of the technique among researchers. It helps in finding the difference between intact mitochondria (healthy cells) and permeabilized mitochondria (cells undergoing death). The segment is anticipated to grow fast over the forecast period.
The pharmaceutical and biotechnology segment dominated the market in 2019 and is anticipated to continue its dominance over the forecast period. This is attributed to the rising incidence of cancer and neurodegenerative disorders. In addition, the growing significance of programmed cell death or apoptosis to treat chronic diseases is driving the segment growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global apoptosis assay market on the basis of product, technique, assay type, end-use, and region:
- Apoptosis Assay Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Apoptosis Assay Technique Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Flow Cytometry
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Other Techniques
- Apoptosis Assay Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- DNA Fragmentation
- Cell Permeability
- Apoptosis Assay End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Hospital & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Apoptosis Assay Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Apoptosis Assay Market
- Pfizer Inc.
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals
- R.N. Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Basic Pharma Life Science Pvt. Ltd.
- Prachi Pharmaceuticals Private Limited.
- Geistlich Pharma Inc.
- Healthy Life Pharma.
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Protein Binding Assays Market – The protein binding assays market size was valued at USD 304.7 million in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 10.6% over the forecast period.
- Long Read Sequencing Market – The global long read sequencing market size was valued at USD 780.0 million in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 23.5% during the forecast period.
- Single-use Filtration Assemblies Market – The global single-use filtration assemblies market size was estimated at USD 3.0 billion in 2018 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.