SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global anticoagulant reversal drugs market size is expected to reach USD 1.81 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 14.3% from 2020 to 2027. The rising number of bleeding disorders, the introduction of new drugs, and the growing number of cases requiring anticoagulant therapies are some of the factors anticipated to foster market growth during the forecast period.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By product type, idarucizumab held the largest share in 2019 as it is currently approved in many countries, including the U.S., Europe, Canada, and Australia. Andexanet alfa is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to its approval and launch in key markets
- Based on distribution channel, in 2019, the hospital pharmacy segment accounted for the largest share due to increased preference for hospital settings to treat the emergency cases during uncontrolled bleeding
- North America dominated the market in 2019 due to the high affordability and easy availability of such costly drugs in the U.S.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing awareness about bleeding disorders in emerging economies, such as India and China
- The annual cost of treating 10 to 20 patients with idarucizumab ranges from USD 34,825 to USD 69,650, respectively with a single 5 g dose, thus hindering its demand in under-developed countries
Read 110 page research report with ToC on "Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Type (Prothrombin Complex Concentrates, Phytonadione, Andexanet Alfa, Idarucizumab, Protamine), By Distribution Channel, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anticoagulant-reversal-drugs-market
In October 2015, Praxbind (idarucizumab) by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals was approved as an anticoagulant reversal drug indicated for patients treated with Pradaxa (dabigatran) during emergency surgery or uncontrolled or life-threatening bleeding. Hence, the availability of these anticoagulation reversal drugs allows doctors and patients to consider such treatment options with greater confidence, therefore boosting the demand for anticoagulant reversal drugs.
Bleeding disorders like hemophilia can be acquired or inherited. However, other bleeding disorders can occur from conditions, such as HIV, anemia, leukemia, cirrhosis of the liver, and vitamin K deficiency. According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, more than 3 million people in the U.S. are affected with anemia, which is the most common blood disorder. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) stated that in the year 2020, the number of people expected to be diagnosed with leukemia is around 60,530. A rise in bleeding disorders is increasing the demand for anticoagulants, thus fueling the market growth.
However, the high cost of these reversal therapies is anticipated to restrain the market growth. As per the American College of Cardiology, 4-F PCC (Kcentra) helps in treating bleeding cases caused by rivaroxaban and apixaban and it is dosed at 50 units/kg. Its average wholesale price is USD 2.90 per unit, therefore treating a patient whose weight is 100 kg would cost around USD 14,500.
Grand View Research has segmented the global anticoagulant reversal drugs market on the basis of product type, distribution channel, and region:
- Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Prothrombin Complex Concentrates
- Andexanet Alfa
- Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market
- Portola Pharmaceuticals
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- CSL Behring
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Octapharma AG
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- SGPharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Alps Pharmaceutical Ind. Co., Ltd.
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Mundipharma International Limited
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.
Find more research reports on Pharmaceuticals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- D-dimer Testing Market – The global D-dimer testing market size was valued at USD 1.2 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% from 2020 to 2027.
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia Therapeutics Market – The global acute lymphocytic leukemia therapeutics market size was valued at USD 1.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.0%.
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome Drugs Market – The global myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) drugs market size was valued at USD 1.3 billion in 2016 and is expected to register a CAGR of 9.7% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.