SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global anterior uveitis treatment market size is expected to reach USD 418.23 million by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 5.4%. Rising prevalence of the disease is anticipated to aid market growth. This disease is more common when compared to panuveitis, posterior, and intermediate uveitis.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Corticosteroids dominated the anterior uveitis treatment market in 2018 owing to its beneficial characteristic of minimizing inflammation in the eye. It is the primary treatment modality
- Anti-TNF agents are expected to exhibit lucrative growth rate over the forecast period due to growing opportunity in treatment methods with biologic therapy using Anti-TNF drugs
- Immunosuppressants held a significant market share in 2018 owing to their growing adoption for treatment of chronic anterior uveitis
- Hospital pharmacies dominated the market in 2018 due to the wide treatment options available there
- Online pharmacies are expected to witness significant CAGR over the forecast period due to convenience, ease, and availability of discounted products
- North America held the largest revenue share in 2018 owing to high prevalence as well as healthcare expenditure in this region
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to exhibit lucrative growth during the forecast period due to the rising number of infectious diseases in developing countries of the region and growing disposable income
- Some of the key players are Novartis AG; Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd; AbbVie Inc.; Eyegate Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Clearside Biomedical, Inc.; Aldeyra Therapeutics, Inc.; Aciont Inc.; Sirion Therapeutics, Inc.; UCB Biopharma S.P.R.L.; and Lux Biosciences, Inc.
Read 120 page research report with TOC on "Anterior Uveitis Treatment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Treatment Type (Corticosteroids, Cycloplegic Agents, Anti-TNF Agents, Immunosuppressants), By Distribution Channel (Hospital, Retail, Online Pharmacies), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/anterior-uveitis-market
According to a 2017 article by Retina Today, this condition accounted for around 30% to 90% of the cases of uveitis. It also stated around 1% to 4% of patients experience 25% loss of visual acuity. There are different effective treatments for this disease and can be easily managed; however, it tends to recur. This disease is prevalent among both young and middle-aged group. It is also common among the geriatric population. Ocular ischemia and herpetic uveitis are the two most common causes of this disease among the geriatric population. Most of the cases occur in healthy people, however, some are associated with infectious diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, rheumatologic diseases, and lung & skin diseases. This disease is less sight-threatening as compared to posterior uveitis, however, in some cases might lead to glaucoma, cataract, and cystoid macular edema.
Grand View Research has segmented the anterior uveitis treatment market on the basis of treatment type, distribution channel, and region:
- Anterior Uveitis Treatment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Cycloplegic Agents
- Anti-TNF Agents
- Anterior Uveitis Treatment Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Anterior Uveitis Treatment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Pharmaceuticals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market – The global pharmaceutical manufacturing market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period, owning to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and the growing demand for medications.
- Spinal Fusion Bone Graft Substitutes Market – Global spinal fusion bone graft substitutes market is expected to grow substantially owing to increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries coupled with growing geriatric population, which is correlated with the rising rates of conditions such as Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD), Kyphosis, and Scoliosis.
- Cancer Vaccines Drug Pipeline Market – The global cancer vaccine drug pipeline market is estimated to grow at a CAGR exceeding 27% from 2015 to 2022. Rising vaccines usage combined with other therapies is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.