LONDON, April 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Travel technology start-up Portr is delighted to announce that Tony Smith CBE has joined the company as Senior Government Affairs Advisor; and Danielle Sharp has joined as Head of Security and Compliance.
Tony Smith comes to Portr with 40 years of experience at the forefront of border security and immigration management, having retired as Director General of the UK Border Force in 2013. In the first of many initiatives to be launched over the coming months, Portr's secure airport luggage delivery service "AirPortr" is now operational and available on demand at London Heathrow, London Gatwick and London City Airport. Going forward, Tony will take a leading role in working with regulatory authorities and Government as Portr works to dramatically improve the travel experience to and from airports. Tony's role as Senior Government Affairs Advisor will ensure that the security of all Portr activities continue to set the highest level security standards, delivering benefits to the company's customers, partners and to industry alike.
Also joining is Danielle Sharp, from her most recent position as Border Security Manager at Gatwick Airport. She brings to the Portr team her extensive compliance, border and aviation security expertise. During her tenure at Gatwick Airport she worked closely with airlines, airports, government and regulators to integrate new solutions that improved security, facilitation and the overall passenger experience.
Speaking of these announcements, Portr CEO Randel Darby commented, "Tony's reputation precedes him and we are thrilled to have both him and Danielle on board. Being first to market with our service, it is essential that we deliver the most secure service possible while continuously improving the passenger journey and working towards a more efficient and sustainable transport model. We're working with industry to deliver a more secure environment at our airports, at no cost to the traveller experience. Having Tony and Danielle on board will help us to achieve this shared vision"
Upon the announcement of his new role Tony Smith said "I always have been - and remain - extremely passionate about security, especially at our airports. Working with Portr is a natural fit for me. This is an extremely exciting and innovative service which will benefit our national security and significantly enhance the passenger experience. The team behind Portr have set the bar extremely high when it comes to security and service delivery - and I am delighted to be a part of it."
Tony Smith CBE (full name Anthony John Smith) was awarded the prestigious title of Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the UK New Year's Honours List 2013, for his services to the safety and security of the London 2012 Olympics.
AirPortr was set up by three frustrated frequent flyers that met through coincidence, but shared a vision to create and shape a better way to travel. Operational since 2014 it is the first service of its kind. AirPortr delivers thousands of bags in and around London every month and has a customer review rating of 99% on global feedback engine, Feefo.
- AirPortr launched in May 2014 at London City Airport, Gatwick in July 2015 and Heathrow in December 2015.
- Pricing: £15 to Airport addresses and local hotels, £25 to central London and £35 to outer London. Each additional bag costs £5 (with no size or weight restrictions).
- Delivery locations include airports (airport to airport), hotels, homes and offices within the London service area
- Customers include business, leisure, families on holiday, global adventurers and city break millennial travellers.
- All luggage can be GPS tracked in real time from a users smartphone/ as well as seeing their dedicated driver, covered for £10,000, there are no amendment or cancellation fees*, customers receive delivery updates by text/ email.
- All bags are X-rayed, tagged, sealed and tracked with their own unique number to ensure safe and secure delivery.
- Media centre with all our images and logos available in high res for download: http://blog.portr.com/media/ Password: media
* Terms & Conditions Apply, please refer to http://www.portr.com for full details.
For further information, imagery or to ensure you experience Luggage Freedom the next time you travel to/from Heathrow/Gatwick/City airport please contact Marie-Claire at Portr: (M) +44(0)7990-453-910, (DD) +44(0)203-384-6677 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore More at http://www.portr.com