SAN FRANCISCO, March 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global abrasives market size is expected to reach USD 59.34 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period. Abrasive materials are used for grinding and polishing a substrate such as wood and metal. They are available in natural or synthetic form and possess properties such as purity, hardness, and brittleness.
Synthetic products are less expensive and perform the grinding and polishing process much better and faster than the natural ones, thus reducing the overall cost. It is for this reason artificial materials are gaining an edge over the natural ones, which include garnet, corundum, and emery.
Aluminum oxide, cubic carbon nitride, and synthetic diamond are various grains used for abrasive production. Several types of minerals, glues, resins, and backings are used to produce different products. These minerals are bonded with various agents and are deposited on cloth or paper to form coated abrasives. Superabrasives are another type of products that are used when hard materials require high quality surface finish.
Leading manufacturers include Noritake Co., Inc, Saint-Gobain S.A., The 3M Company, Henan Huanghe Whirlwind Co., Ltd, and TYROLIT Schleifmittelwerke Swarovski K.G. They manufacture products to serve various end-user sectors such as aerospace, automotive, oil & gas, retail, and furniture & wood working markets.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Abrasives Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report, By Type (Bonded, Coated, Superabrasive), By Material (Natural, Synthetic), By End-use (Automotive, Metal Fabrication, Machinery), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/abrasives-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global abrasives market stood at 11.78 million tons in 2016. In terms of volume, the market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period.
- The metal fabrication sector is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 5.2% in terms of volume during the forecast period.
- In the North America and Europe regions, global manufacturers currently meet the demand for abrasives in high-end precision rolling and grinding. Rapid expansion of the market is providing lucrative opportunities for new entrants having technical expertise.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most promising region during the forecast period, holding over 55.0% of the total revenue by 2025. However, government norms in the region pertaining to the use of silica abrasives is likely to challenge the growth of the region.
- Saint-Gobain S.A. Asahi Diamond Industrial Co. Ltd, and The 3M Company are some of the manufacturers of superabrasive products.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Ceramics Market - Global ceramics market was USD 157.70 billion in 2014. The industry is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to their widespread use in the construction and medical sectors.
- Fireproof Ceramics Market - Global fireproof ceramics market size was estimated at USD 2.87 billion in 2014 and is expected to witness significant growth over the next seven years owing to its rising demand from various end-use industries including iron & steel, petrochemicals, ceramics & glass, aluminum, power generation.
- Bioceramics Market - Global bioceramics market size was USD 12.31 billion in 2014 and is expected to witness significant growth over the next seven years owing to increasing demand from the orthopedic and dental implants sector in various countries including the U.S., Japan, Germany, and China.
- Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market - Global Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market size was 118.0 million square meters in 2014 and is expected to witness considerable growth on account of increasing awareness regarding landfill protection in construction and mining sectors.
Grand View Research has segmented the global abrasives market on the basis of type, material, end use, and region.
- Abrasives Market Type Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Abrasives Market Material Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Abrasives Market End Use Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Metal Fabrication
- Electronic & Electrical Equipment
- Abrasives Market Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Read Our Blog: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/advanced-materials
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.