SAN FRANCISCO, August 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global 3D cell culture market is anticipated to reach USD 1.69 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Potential of this technology to replace and reduce the usage of animal models for histological analysis and biochemical assays is expected to fuel demand for 3D cell culture products thus driving growth in the coming years.
Advent of technology with respect to spheroid formation and matured assay methods, is expected to boost the emergence of 3D optimized assays, kits, and protocols, in turn, expediting the entire research process. In addition, the scope of three-dimensional (3D) cell culturing experiments for evaluation of drug moiety is anticipated to grow owing to advantages associated with its usage. These advantages include increased cell to extra cellular matrix (ECM) as well as intercellular interactions, variation in the proliferation zones, ease for analyzing impact of site-specific stromal tissue components in the tumor microenvironment.
Research initiatives carried out to develop multidimensional cultures that offer compatibility with automated lab equipment and suitability for HTS feature in order to facilitate high content screening assay, signaling, and migration are expected to fuel the growth of this vertical through to 2024.
Browse full research report with TOC on "3D Cell Culture Market Analysis By Technology (Scaffold Based, Hydrogels, Polymeric Scaffolds, Micro-patterned Surface Microplates Scaffold Free, Hanging Drop Microplates, Spheroid Microplates with ULA coating, Microfluidic 3D Cell Culture, Magnetic Levitations & 3D Bioprinting, Bioreactors), By Application, (Cancer, Tissue Engineering & Immunohistochemistry, Drug Development, Stem Cell Research, Cell to Cell Interactions, Transfection), By End Use And Segment Forecasts To 2024" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/3d-cell-culture-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Scaffold-based technique accounted for the revenue share of over 40% because of the potential these possess for the recreation of structural and physical environment of a living tissue. Availability of choice for the material and structure of the scaffold for different in vitro applications is supportive for the estimated revenue share of this segment. Hydrogel or ECM and solid scaffolds are estimated to capture a comparatively sizable share of the revenue, attributed to the presence of different products in this segment.
- Spheroid development techniques are estimated to contribute significantly in increasing the revenue share of scaffold-free technology. These enable multicellular arrangement, thus making them an influential tool for a range of applications, particularly in cancer and stem cell research.Oncology is estimated to account for the dominant share in 2015 owing to the presence of higher incidence rate of cancers coupled with phenotypic heterogeneity achieved using 3D culturing. Stem cell research is anticipated to witness lucrative growth in the coming years as a consequence of the upcoming projects in this segment for development of effective therapies.
- Key end users for this technology are pharma & biotech entities, research laboratories and institutes. Pharma & biotech entities accounted for the largest share of the revenue in 2015 owing to the high usage of technology in different steps of drug discovery which include target validation, lead optimization, penetration studies, and safety assessment or toxicity screening.
- North America dominated the next generation sequencing data analysis market with a share of over 40% as a result of the presence of several organizations operating in this region. Moreover, the significant number of R&D projects carried out in institutes is resulting in the high demand, affecting the revenue growth significantly.
- However, Asia Pacific is expected to witness substantially high growth through to 2024, which is attributable to the rise in number of research grants for drug development and tissue engineering projects in the developing economies of this region. Furthermore, positive R&D outcomes encouraging the incorporation of three dimensional cultures in regenerative medicine is expected to impact this sector with potential opportunities for growth.
- The market is fragmented in nature and includes established as well as emerging players These entities include 3D Biomatrix, Corning Inc, Nano3D Biosciences, Merck, Becton Dickinson and Company, Thermo Fisher Scientific, InSphero AG, Lonza Group, Tecan, 3D Biotek LLC, VWR International, LLC, and Global Cell Solutions, Inc.
- These companies are involved in collaborations and co-marketing agreements for enhancement of product portfolio as well as global presence. For instance, Tecan and CellSpring entered into collaboration for automation of the 3D Bloom platform on a Freedom EVO workstation.
Grand View Research has segmented 3D cell culture market on the basis of technology, application, end use and region:
- Global 3D Cell Culture Outlook, by Technology (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Scaffold Based
- Polymeric Scaffolds
- Micro - patterned Surface Microplates
- Scaffold Free
- Hanging Drop Microplates
- Spheroid Microplates with ULA coating
- Microfluidic 3D Cell Culture
- Magnetic Levitations & 3D Bioprinting
- Scaffold Based
- Global 3D Cell Culture Outlook, by Application (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Tissue Engineering & Immunohis to chemistry
- Drug Development
- Stem Cell Research
- Global 3D Cell Culture Outlook, by End - use, (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries
- Research Laboratories and Institutes
- Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
- Global 3D Cell Culture Market, Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Human Embryonic Stem Cell Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/human-embryonic-stem-cell-market
- Expression Vectors Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/expression-vectors-market
- DNA Diagnostics Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dna-diagnostics-market
- Pre-packed Chromatography Columns Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pre-packed-chromatography-columns-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.