SAN FRANCISCO, July 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global 2-ethylhexanol market size is projected to reach USD 8.57 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period. Increasing demand for 2-EH acrylate from the paints and coatings industry is one of the key factors driving the market.
Rapid replacement of solvent-based products by waterborne acrylic products, supported by presence of stringent air emission regulations, is expected to fuel the demand for the product. Replacing solvent-based coatings with waterborne coatings offers various advantages such as easy water and soap clean-up, reduced solvent exposure, and less hazardous waste disposal & associated costs. Besides this, they ensure reduced concerns regarding flammability & impact insurance costs, reduced health risks, and less mixing and minimal waste in case of one-component coatings. These factors are anticipated to positively impact the demand for 2-EH acrylate over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific was the leading market for 2-ethylhexanol in 2016 and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. The region is projected to exhibit a noteworthy CAGR over the forecast period, owing to growing market potential in China. Manufacturers in the country are increasing their production capacity to meet the rising demand for 2-EH.
Growing demand from countries such as China, India, and Japan is expected to impact the product demand over the forecast years. Increasing disposable income, growing middle class population, and strengthening economy of aforementioned countries are expected to foster the growth of end use industries such as automotive and construction, thereby boosting the demand for 2-EH.
Browse full research report with TOC on "2-Ethylhexanol (2-EH) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Plasticizers, 2-EH Acrylate, 2-EH Nitrate), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, LATAM, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/2-ethylhexanol-2-eh-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The plasticizers segment is anticipated to reach USD 8.5 billion by 2025, rising at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2017 to 2025
- In terms of revenue, the 2-EH acrylate segment is expected to witness steady growth over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand from the building & construction industry, growing investments worldwide for infrastructure development, and rising penetration of acrylates in the coating industry.
- The U.S. 2-ethylhexanol market is anticipated to exceed 647.0 kilotons by 2025, owing to sufficient inventories, increased production, and an overall steady demand in the country
- The market for 2-ethylhexanol is highly competitive with the presence of a various well-established players with extensive product portfolios
- Some of the key companies present in the market are The Dow Chemical Co.' BASF SE' Eastman Chemical Company' Sigma-Aldrich' SABIC Industries, Grupa Azoty Zakłady Azotowe Kędzierzyn Spółka Akcyjna, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, and LG Chem, Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Nitric Acid Market - The global nitric acid market size was valued at USD 12.51 billion in 2016. It is expected to witness a CAGR of 1.8% from 2015 to 2022.
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Market - The global acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) market size was estimated at USD 23.09 billion in 2016 and it is projected to witness a CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period.
- Zeolite Market - The global zeolite market size was valued at USD 29.08 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.5% over the forecast years, as a result of growing demand for detergents, rising hygiene awareness among consumers, and rising refining output.
- Specialty Silica Market - The global specialty silica market size was estimated at USD 2.66 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global 2-ethylhexanol (2-EH) market on the basis of application and region.
- 2-Ethylhexanol Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- 2-EH Acrylate
- 2-EH Nitrate
- Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.