CHESTER, England, July 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- New TV Campaign for Britain's Number one Price Comparison Site Celebrates the Euphoria you Feel When you Save Money
- Produced by Leading ad Agency, Mother
- Fresh Approach to Advertising for the Price Comparison Market - Focuses on Emotional Benefit of Saving Money
Britain's number one price comparison site, moneysupermarket.com will launch its new advertising campaign on Sunday 3rd July.
In the first campaign for the company by award-winning agency, Mother, moneysupermarket.com is aiming to stand out from the rest of the price comparison crowd, amplifying the emotional benefit of using the site. The campaign focuses on celebrating the euphoria that can come from saving money - especially now at a time when thrift is king.
The first advertisement in the new campaign focuses on an ordinary British family man, Geoff, who has used moneysupermarket.com to save money on his car insurance. Buoyed by his amazing ability to save, Geoff is on top of the world - he feels invincible, he's walking tall, he can take on the most incredible of challenges. As his family get settled on the sand, and the pro surfers stand on the shore surveying the massive waves, Geoff takes to the mammoth swell - not on a surfboard - but on his inflatable crocodile. Girls gasp and surfers stare with jealousy as Geoff hangs ten on his croc. He's incredible, he's amazing, in short, Geoff really is 'so moneysupermarket'.
The new ad was directed by Speck Gordon, the directing duo who made the Will Ferrell movie, 'Blades of Glory'. Shot in an epic 'big screen' style, it features the hit song 'Wipe Out' by the Surfaris as the track accompanies Geoff on his surfing adventure.
The ad was shot in California and 12 inflatable plastic crocodiles were harmed during the filming of the ad, as surfboards and special effects were ditched for realism and a stuntman surfed an inflatable crocodile in a Californian wave pool.
Speaking about the new campaign, moneysupermarket.com 's Marketing Director David Osborne, said: "As Britain's favourite comparison site, we need to make sure we are always driving the category forward and building on our market-leading position. This campaign is a fresh approach, and I'm confident it will really help us to continue to stand out from the rest of the crowd.
"It's a perfect time to launch this new campaign. At a time when many people are finding it hard to make ends meet, it really can feel fantastic to save money. We wanted to dramatise that feeling to give all of those people who use moneysupermarket.com to save a big pat on the back and encourage even more people to get that buzz with us as well."
ChrisGallery, strategist at Mother said: "The brands in this category are the biggest advertisers on TV. Their ads are loved, loathed and remembered by everyone. moneysupermarket.com is the biggest of all the price comparison websites and wanted advertising that is bigger, better and bolder than before, a challenge we couldn't resist. Our campaign is about how great it feels to make a saving, to feel like you are king of the world for a moment...and the epic consequences of that feeling..."
moneysupermarket.com's customer commitment
- No other site compares more prices or products
- We are independent so only find the best deals for you
- The price you see is the price you pay - you don't need to go direct and you won't get a better deal doing so
- Your details are safe with us and we won't sell them to anybody
moneysupermarket.com compares (at 31st May 2011)
- 10 car insurance providers and 76 home insurance providers
- 13 broadband providers and 19 energy providers
- 28 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 65 mortgage lenders and 30 credit card providers
- 66 savings providers and 14 current account providers.
- Over 770,000 mobile phone deals
We promise to be clear and impartial
- All the products in our full search results tables are displayed in a completely unbiased manner.
- We don't add fees or commissions on to the prices we compare.
- There may be times when another site compares more companies than us on a particular product, perhaps because of market changes or technical issues. You'll be able to see this and know we are working hard to fix it.
We promise to be trustworthy
- We never use your data to make unwanted sales calls or send you spam.
- We never pass your personal information to third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
- Even if you choose to receive additional information from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We promise to be supportive.
- You can use our community forum to get information and help from other customers.
If you need further help or support, you can contact our sales advisors, customer services agents.
For further information please contact: