SUTTON, England, December 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The staff at H&T Pawnbrokers has been busy raising money up and down the country on behalf of Get Kids Going! and today their effort culminated in a cheque handover to David Weir, Paralympian and Jane Emerson, founder of Get Kids Going! of £50,000.
But the charitable donation didn't end there. John Nichols, CEO of H&T Pawnbrokers pledged to hand over cash for each of David's gold medals from this year's Paralympics, as if they were worth their weight in gold. Each of the four medals weighed in at 434g ensuring H&T Pawnbrokers donated an additional £17,000!
John Nichols said "Having worked with Get Kids Going! for the last 15 years, we're so pleased to help such a worthy cause. David is an inspiration to the next generation of disabled youngsters that Get Kids Going! works with. The Paralympics has helped to see people regardless of disability and David is as the forefront of that.
H&T Pawnbrokers has been a big part of the fund raising efforts that Get Kids Going! work hard for, David Weir commented "we couldn't thank them more for the amount of money they've put in over the year to help us get to where we are today and the next generation as well."
Notes to editors:
• H&T is the UK's leading pawnbroking company with over 180 stores and 30 GoldBars throughout the UK. The company's main website can be found at: http://www.handtpawnbrokers.co.uk
• H&T provides a variety of flexible finance options to customers in addition to pawnbroking including cheque cashing, payday advances and unsecured loans
• All H&T staff are trained in valuing jewellery.
• Items can also be pawned online using H&T's online pawnbroking service.
• H&T offers a gold buying service in its stores and in smaller dedicated GoldBar Retail Mall Units throughout the country
• Customers can also sell their gold items using H&T's postal service.
• You can find out more about H&T's GoldBars.
For further information please contact Lucy Westcott on email@example.com or call +44(0)208-225-2738.
SOURCE H&T Pawnbrokers