FRANKFURT, Germany, September 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Under the slogan "Be curious, Be creative, But above all, be caring", Worldhotels staff, hotels and sister companies around the world took time out to celebrate the group's third annual World Community Day. Working side-by-side, they devoted a full working day to support chosen social, environmental or humanitarian projects all around the world.
Since 2012, Worldhotels World Community Day has enjoyed rising popularity amongst the group's hotels and staff. This year, the initiative reached new heights with the participation of Worldhotels' sister companies Trust International, Nexus and InnLink.
"We share the benefits of living and working in fantastic local communities, but this brings responsibilities towards our neighbours and environment," comments Kristin Intress, CEO of Worldhotels. "Together with our dedicated hotels and sister companies we've made a great contribution and grown closer as a team."
Local Highlights included:
- Worldhotels Asia-Pacific team joined Sunworld Dynasty Hotel (Taipei), to support the Hwashan Welfare foundation, providing food supplies to impoverished elderly citizens, whilst the Worldhotel Grand Dushulake organized a 'Moon Bay Hike' in Suzhou with its' entire hotel staff.
- In Frankfurt, Worldhotels and Trust International finalised building, planting and decorating a local kindergarten, whilst Italian colleagues supported refugees in Syria with the Association ONLUS.
- The New York team engaged with the International Rescue Committee (IRC). Colleagues in Orlando cooked a 'Share-A-Meal' at Ronald McDonald house, while staff in New Jersey contributed to Habitat for Humanity, a national charity building housing for the less fortunate.
- Colleagues at InnLink (Nashville) formed teams with a budget towards various projects for each to choose amongst, such as donating to Sam's Club for non-perishable food, going to the Salvation Army/Thrift stores to buy clothes, or approaching local businesses for discounts or donations.
- Co-workers in France donated blood as did the Buenos Aires team together with the Savoy Hotel Buenos Aires. In Madrid our colleagues, together with Husa Princesa and the Derby Hotels sales office, protected the environment planting trees for the organisation "Territorios Vivos".
- In Stockholm, the team joined Hotel Diplomat in renovating the local Women's Centre "Klaragarden", a day refuge for homeless women.
- In Russia, the Metropol Moscow Hotel and Worldhotels colleagues, together with the BE TOGETHER Fund, which supports insulin-dependent children, invited 20 children to the hotel to collectively paint a picture that will be displayed at Morozov's Children's Teaching Hospital.
- Worldhotel Ripa Roma together with the Worldhotels' Italian Sales Team collected toys and clothes to donate to the children's home "Suore Calasanziane" in Rome.
In addition, staff at Worldhotels' smaller offices were also given a day to contribute to local community projects, while the group also encouraged its affiliate hotels to do the same. Supporters can learn more about Worldhotels' tradition of volunteer work and join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn by following #WorldhotelsUnited. Images of all 2014 projects can be downloaded on Pinterest.