DUBLIN, July 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "World Prescription Dermatological Drugs Market, 10th Edition" report to their offering.
The field of dermatology is currently experiencing a busy and interesting period and, as a result, the range of therapeutic options available to physicians has expanded. World Prescription Dermatological Drugs Market takes an inclusive look at many different areas of dermatology and prescription dermatology products.
This area of medicine has blossomed due to an increase in skin cancer incidence, new exciting biologics for psoriasis, increased demand by baby boomers -both men and women - for antiaging products, consolidation within the industry, and strong late stage pipeline entities.
There are numerous issues that are shaping the direction of the field of dermatology. Advancements in technology and knowledge of the disease process are influencing the research and development efforts of the industry, along with the decisions of what products to pursue.
This is an exciting time in dermatology as there continues to be a shift in the understanding of the pathophysiology of many skin diseases. Some of the most exciting new developments in dermatology include:
New biologics and their uses in dermatology
Movement towards dispensing prescription dermatology agents in the office
Growth in platelet rich plasma
Demand in the prescription dermatology products market will likely remain high due to the aging population and the quest for lifestyle treatments to meet the needs of aging baby boomers. There are a number of companies participating in the worldwide market for prescription dermatological drugs, ranging from large international pharmaceutical companies, small niche pharmaceutical companies, to generic companies both large and small.
There is also competitive pressure in this market from over-the-counter (OTC) participants. However, even with the availability of OTC products, manufacturers of prescription products continue to do well in terms of revenues.
World Markets for Prescription Dermatology Product Segments
- Worldwide Market for Prescription Acne and Rosacea Drugs by Type, 2014-2021
- Worldwide Market for Prescription Antiaging and Photodamage Drugs by Type, 2014-2021
- Worldwide Market for Prescription Dermatitis and Seborrhea Drugs by Type, 2016-2021
- Worldwide Market for Prescription Antifungal Drugs by Type, 2014-2021
- Worldwide Market for Prescription Hair Loss and Hair Removal Drugs by Type, 2014-2021
- Worldwide Market for Prescription Hyperpigmentation/Melasma and Depigmenting Drugs by Type, 2014-2021
- Worldwide Market for Prescription Psoriasis Drugs by Type, 2014-2021
- Worldwide Market for Skin Cancer Drugs by Type, 2014-2021
- Worldwide Market for Prescription Miscellaneous Skin Disorder Drugs by Type, 2014-2021
Key Topics Covered:
1: Executive Summary
2: Introduction And Overview
3: Issues And Trends
4: Prescription Antiacne And Rosacea Drugs
5: Prescription Antiaging And Photodamage Drugs
6: Prescription Dermatitis And Seborrhea Drugs
7: Prescription Antifungal Drugs
8: Prescription Hair Loss And Hair Removal Drugs
9: Prescription Hyperpigmentation/Melasma And Depigmenting Drugs
10: Prescription Psoriasis Drugs
11: Prescription Skin Cancer Drugs
12: Miscellaneous Skin Disorder Drugs
13: World Market Summary
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Almirall, S.A.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd.
- Biofrontera AG
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals
- Cutanea Life Sciences
- Dermira, Inc.
- Galderma S.A.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- LEO Pharma A/S
- Maruho Co. Ltd.
- Merck & Company
- Merz Pharma GmbH & Co KGaA
- Mylan N.V.
- Novan, Inc.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sienna Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sinclair Pharma Plc.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2hz9vr/world
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets