DUBLIN, Dec. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The "On-Body Subcutaneous Injection Systems" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
As new drugs become available for the treatment of an expanding list of health conditions, drug developers have increasingly pursued packaging and delivery options that simplify the administration process and increase the efficiency and reliability with which the drug can be introduced into the patient. For injectable drugs, this pursuit has led to an accelerated evolution in injection device design, creating new opportunities and choices for drug marketers.
As the administration of injectables moves increasingly from practitioner offices and healthcare facilities to patient homes, decisions regarding as-supplied packaging that were once considered boilerplate have moved to the early stages of the development process. A wide spectrum of device attributes, including form factor, device-patient interaction, security and safety, dosing, activation, off-device communication, and drug formulation factors have been incorporated into drug injection devices. Over time, these initiatives will come to be expected by patients in injectable drugs.
What You Will Learn
- What on-body subcutaneous systems are currently marketed or in development, who are the suppliers, and what are the device specifics?
- What are the therapeutic markets being targeted by on-body subcutaneous injection systems?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for on-body subcutaneous injection systems?
- What are the major factors that will drive on-body subcutaneous injection systems demand?
- How are on-body subcutaneous injection systems currently aligned with various drug classes and therapeutic markets?
- What is the addressable market for on-body subcutaneous injection systems?
- What is the expected impact of on-body subcutaneous injection systems on drug delivery markets?
- Who are the significant players in this segment? What are their strategies? Who are their alliance partners?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Subcutaneous Injectable Therapeutics Landscape
- Therapeutic Drug Development
- Drug Delivery Device Evolution
- On-body SC System Enabling Technologies
- Device-Drug Developer Collaborations
3. Device Design Factors
- Primary Container
- Injection Methodology
- Electronics and System Features
- Patient Interface
4. On-Body Subcutaneous Device Classes
- Electronic Disposable
- Electronic Semi-disposable
- E3D Patch Pump
- OmniPod (non-insulin version)
- SensePatch SD
- Unbranded (Medicom)
- Mechanical Disposable
- Enable Injector
- Lapas AR
- Captive Devices
- Product Specific Devices
- Neulasta On-body Injector
5. Near-term Product Analysis and Market Data
- Blood Factors
- Monoclonal Antibodies
6. Market Factors
- Regulatory Factors
- Patient Training and Ease of Use
- Adherence and Adverse Reactions
7. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/flj56w/world_onbody?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets