OSLO, Norway, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Today, music streaming service WiMP launches its new service WiMP DIY. WiMP DIY makes it beneficial for unsigned artists to release their music through streaming. The service has no fees and artists get a full 70 percent of revenues. With the DIY service, WiMP aims to get unsigned bands and artists out to a broader audience.
WiMP DIY is a continuation of WiMP's NewSound campaign, which highlights new, local music. Music released through WiMP DIY will be exclusive on WiMP for one month, before also becoming available on other streaming services. The music will be given its own section in the WiMP-clients. The editorial staff will listen to all DIY releases, and high quality releases get the chance to be recommended, featured in monthly DIY playlists, get promoted in the top banner etc. For unsigned bands and artists, this means a possibility to get showcased at the same level as big international and national artists.
- The NewSound campaign highlights promising debutants, as well as not-so-well-known artists. With WiMP DIY we will look even further. This is an invitation to unsigned artists who wish to reach out with their music. We are really looking forward to see what's out there and what deserves to be highlighted, says Sveinung Rindal, Head of Editorial at WiMP.
DIY releases will be distributed through Phonofile. Phonofile handles all administration and payouts, while the artists themselves have to do the job of promoting their music. WIMP's role is to make unsigned music available and highlight artists that we predict a bright future. 70 percent of income goes directly to the artists. The remaining 30 percent are administration and settlement. The service has no startup or usage fees.
- We launch this offer to cover a market demand. WIMP DIY is not intended as an alternative to a conventional record deal, but as a push in that direction. WiMP wants to invite artists who do not yet have a record label supporting them, but who have got ambitions of reaching out with their music, says Rindal.
Bands and artists interested in this offer can read more about WiMP DIY and register at http://www.wimpmusic.com/wimpdiy
WiMP is a music streaming service focusing on inspiring users to find new music and old favorites. Through local editorial teams in each country, WiMP provides daily recommendations, tips and playlists for any occasion. The service is available on computers and mobiles, tablets and network players. Read more on http://www.wimp.no, http://www.wimpmusic.se, http://www.wimp.dk , http://www.wimp.de or http://www.wimp.pl
For more information, please contact: Kristin Castillo Eldnes, Head of Communications and PR, firstname.lastname@example.org, +47-908-07-389.