LONDON, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Bathrooms.com launch limited edition Windsor Collection baby bath in celebration of baby
The Duchess of Cambridge will receive another special delivery in the next month, in the form of a bespoke baby bath. Bathrooms.com are helping the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cambridge, who is fast approaching her July 13th due date, prepare for the arrival of the Royal baby by designing and gifting the couple a bespoke Windsor Collection baby bath.
To view the product page click here: http://www.bathrooms.com/windsor-baby-bath
The bath will be engraved with the baby's name and delivered from Watford to Clarence House in the next few weeks. Featuring a classic golden ball claw-foot tub and a smooth roll top design, which will be familiar to fans of Downtown Abbey, the Royal heir will enjoy splashing about in this beautiful update on the old baby baths the rest of us have experienced.
Susannah Wheeler Midwife from One to One Midwives said "Like all first time parents, Kate and William will be keen to spend as much time with their baby as possible. The days when a Royal mother would not be on hand to look after her children is long gone. My advice for the parents to be is just to enjoy it!"
Susannah also commented "Moments away from the public eye will be treasured by a high profile family like this, so the more attachment they can form with the baby early on, the better. New borns can typically see from an adult's chest to face where they can respond and recognize your face, so bathing is an ideal experience to build memories and bond."
Kate is rumoured to be planning a modest nursery for the new baby, so rather than opting for an over-the-top baby bath covered in Jewels, Bathrooms.com have designed a traditional miniature version of the classic Victorian bath in order to work with the couples home design. A bath fit for a prince or princess.
A limited number of the Windsor Collection baby baths will be available for the public to purchase for £399.
- Made from 4mm of pure acrylic
- Reinforcement in the base and around the shoulders made from polystone resin.
- The bath weighs 10 kg and can hold up to 70 litres of water. It's just the right size for a new born.
- 680mm in length by 410 width by 460 mm in height.
Susannah explains the importance of baby bathing techniques:
Bathing a newborn can be a fun and special time for both child and parents. However it's also a time for caution, though. Kate should keep these bathing tips in mind to keep the Royal heir safe.
- Water temperature should be roughly body temperature.
- Judge the your baby's water temperature using your wrist not your palm, as this area is more used to heat exposure and will be less sensitive.
- Baby bathing books often recommend buying a thermometer but this is not essential.
- My suggestion is that early evening time is usually a time for bathing that sets up a good routine and relaxes them before bedtime.
- Daily bathing isn't essential, and certainly no more than once a day is advised as this could dry the skin too much.
Bathrooms.com was founded in 2004 and have been providing the UK and Ireland with affordable bathroom design ever since. Bathrooms.com believe in nurturing long term relationships with designers and craftsmen to give customers good design at prices that will help them create more than they ever thought possible. Based in Watford, the Bathrooms.com team are on a mission to democratise good bathroom design.
For more information visit: http://www.bathrooms.com/inspiration/royal-baby-trends-you-can-try-out-at-home
High resolution images can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0ymjd8b2msyj8m/pcdswrdlH5