Company Realizes High Customer Demand for Application Security Solutions
SANTA CLARA, California, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- WhiteHat Security, the only application security provider that combines the best of technology and human intelligence, today detailed its business momentum highlights from 2015. WhiteHat experienced new business growth in North America and EMEA of 40 percent year over year respectively, more than double the industry growth rate.
This year marks the fifteenth anniversary of WhiteHat Security, a pioneer in application security and a leading voice on the importance of securing applications throughout their entire lifecycle. The company was founded on the idea that organizations need to hack themselves first to identify vulnerabilities. WhiteHat's workforce grew significantly overall in 2015; the company now employs more than 150 security experts at its Threat Research Center globally, with more than 50 in its European research center in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
"2015 was a banner year for WhiteHat Security, with new executives, security experts, product capabilities, partners, customers and industry recognition all contributing to our strong and rapidly-growing business," said Craig Hinkley, CEO of WhiteHat Security. "The acceleration of threats to websites and applications, combined with a serious security skills shortage, makes our combination of technology and human intelligence – WhiteHat Sentinel and the security experts in the TRC – more relevant and important than ever. As we enter our fifteenth year, our commitment to serving the application security needs of our customers remains front and center of everything we do."
Highlights of WhiteHat's business in 2015 include:
- WhiteHat expanded its Threat Research Center (TRC) team to over 150 security experts total. In late 2014, the company established a research center in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and that team grew to over 50 security engineers by the end of 2015.
- The company was positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing (AST) for the third year in a row.
- WhiteHat introduced the WhiteHat Security Index (WSI), a new feature in WhiteHat Sentinel that provides an immediate way for customers to understand how secure – or not – their websites are. It's the only report of its kind in the industry. An additional Peer Benchmarking dashboard enables users to determine the security of their web sites compared to industry peers.
- WhiteHat Sentinel Source, WhiteHat's SAST solution, expanded its capabilities with Directed Remediation and Software Composition Analysis (SCA). The Directed Remediation capability offers targeted and customized code fixes for critical vulnerabilities, while the new SCA capability enables users to detect and remediate any vulnerabilities that are already known to exist in third-party libraries and open source code.
- WhiteHat entered into a strategic partnership with Prevoty, a leader in runtime application security monitoring and protection. WhiteHat Sentinel customers now have the option of mitigating identified application bugs and defects automatically through a seamless integration with Prevoty's Application Monitoring and Protection (AMP) solution for RASP (runtime application self-protection).
- WhiteHat launched the "Security Crash Course" series of educational webinars that provide participants with a deeper understanding of vulnerabilities and how to prioritize and address them. The course is good for CPE credits, and has already trained thousands of developers in application security. The series continues throughout 2016.
- WhiteHat published its tenth annual Website Security Statistics Report in May. This report provides a one-of-a-kind perspective on the state of website security and the issues that organizations must address in order to conduct business online safely. It is also the only report that focuses exclusively on unknown vulnerabilities in custom web applications, code that is unique to an organization, and found in real-world websites.
- WhiteHat led the security community in an annual exercise to identify the "Top 10 Web Hacking Techniques". The results revealed new and creative methods of Web-based attack.
- WhiteHat expanded its team of technology and business leaders, welcoming the following new executives to its roster: Craig Hinkley, CEO, Tamir Hardof, CMO, Dev Kurbur, Vice President and Chief Customer Success Officer, Shivajee Samdarshi, Senior Vice President of Engineering, and Bob Schwartz, Vice President of Business Development.
- WhiteHat focused on expanding its routes to market and customer reach by building out its channel reseller initiatives. Two new Channel leaders joined the company to lead these efforts in North America and EMEA: Susan Don, Vice President of Channel Development for North America, and Fiona Doak, Channel Director for EMEA.
- Learn more about WhiteHat Security
- Learn more about WhiteHat Sentinel for DAST, SAST and Mobile application security
- Learn more about the WhiteHat Threat Research Center
- Learn more about the WhiteHat Security Index
About WhiteHat Security
WhiteHat Security has been in the business of securing web applications for 15 years. Combining advanced technology with the expertise of its global Threat Research Center (TRC) team, WhiteHat delivers application security solutions that reduce risk, reduce cost and accelerate the deployment of secure applications and web sites. The company's flagship product, WhiteHat Sentinel, is a software-as-a-service platform providing dynamic application security testing (DAST), static application security testing (SAST), and mobile application security assessments. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., with regional offices across the U.S. and Europe. For more information on WhiteHat Security, please visit www.whitehatsec.com, and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
 Gartner Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing" by Neil MacDonald and Joseph Feiman, Aug. 6, 2015
SOURCE WhiteHat Security