LONDON, December 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Toolkit 2016 report outlines major challenges facing brands in the year ahead
- Content and creativity return to the fore
A digital 'backlash', the explosion of video formats, and the need to fuse data analysis with creativity are amongst the key challenges facing marketers in 2016, according to a new report produced by Warc in collaboration with Deloitte Digital.
The Toolkit 2016 report examines six marketing trends for the year ahead, distilling the thinking and research published on Warc and Deloitte Digital's practical experience into a guide for marketers.
This year's report identifies the following themes and challenges for marketers:
1. Moment marketing - The use of data and tech to identify brief opportunities to put the right message in front of the right consumer.
2. Generation 'swipe' - The growing influence of mobile-savvy Generation Z (generally aged under 18)
3. The digital backlash - The challenges posed by issues such as viewability, ad fraud and ad blocking.
4. The video revolution - The need for smarter video strategies as platforms and formats diversify.
5. Data-driven creativity - The fusion of data analysis and creative development.
6. New thinking in attribution - The developments in marketing attribution analysis that will help brands get a clearer idea of what is working
This is the fourth year Warc has worked with Deloitte Digital to publish a Toolkit report.
Nick Turner, Partner at Deloitte Digital, argued that 2016 would see content and creativity return to the fore of marketing thinking. "Technology, data and analytics have dominated the marketing conversation in recent years. Whilst these remain core threads in this year's report, there is an increased focus on content in a multitude of formats to penetrate the ever-decreasing attention spans of connected consumers."
David Tiltman, Head of Content at Warc, added "Several of the chapters in this year's report touch on the interplay of a data-driven approach with the need for creative thinking. Brands are looking for the right combination of digital expertise, data analysis and creative excellence - and having the skills to do all three."
To find out more about the Toolkit 2016 report, visit http://www.warc.com/toolkit2016.
Warc.com is an online service offering advertising best practice, evidence and insights from the world's leading brands. Warc helps clients grow their businesses by using proven approaches to maximise advertising effectiveness.
Warc's clients include the world's largest advertising and media agencies, research companies, universities and advertisers.
In addition to its own content, Warc features advertising case studies and best practices from more than 50 respected industry sources, including: ARF, Effies, Cannes Lions, ESOMAR and IPA. Warc hosts a range of annual case study competitions, including: Warc Prize for Innovation, Warc Prize for Social Strategy and Warc Prize for Connection Strategy.
Founded in 1985, Warc is privately owned and has offices in the UK, US and Singapore.
About Deloitte Digital:
From strategy to delivery, Deloitte Digital combines cutting-edge creative with trusted business and technology expertise to define and deliver digital solutions. At Deloitte Digital, we are creating digital experiences for the connected enterprise. From B2B, B2C, or B2E, we deliver strategy, mobile, social, web, and digital content management solutions that will help strengthen our clients' brands and evolve their businesses.