MUMBAI, July 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Report Segments Smartphone Users Based on Their Profile and App Usage
Vserv, the leading smart data platform for mobile marketing and commerce, today released the Smartphone User Persona Report (SUPR) 2015. The report findings are based on a study conducted by Nielsen Informate Mobile Insights. SUPR segments Indian smartphone users into different user personas and delves deep into their usage patterns.
The report provides rich insights into each persona's app usage, time spent on various apps, data consumption patterns and their demographics. According to the report, the Indian smartphone user base is growing at a 26% CAGR from 2013 to 2017. This boom in the Indian smartphone market, is primarily being propelled by Indians under the age of 25 years, with the report highlighting that 63% users fall in that age bracket.
Key Highlights from the report:
- As per the study, smartphone users spend on average 169 minutes per day on their devices
- Six smartphone user personas which emerged are - App Junkies, Social Stars, Conversationalists, Entertainment Buffs, Utilitarians and Dabblers
- Nearly 25% of the smartphone users that download 18.5 mobile apps & games every month are categorized as App Junkies
- Nearly 20% of the smartphone users that spend over 2 hours a day using chat and social networking apps are classified as Social Stars
- 15% smartphone users that spend almost an hour each day playing games, listening to music or watching videos on their smartphones are segmented as Entertainment Buffs
Pranab Punj, Associate Vice President, Global Marketing, Vserv, said, "Today, it is imperative for marketers to move beyond demographic data and embrace smart data-based targeting to stay ahead in the game. Marketers need to formulate their strategies focused on user personas and their intent. This report based on a study conducted by Nielsen Informate Mobile Insights, provides pertinent insights on Indian smartphone users. This will equip marketers to target the right audience and formulate tighter marketing strategies that yield better results."
SUPR is based on an automated usage data collection from over 12,000 smartphone users in India, over a three month period. The study was conducted using innovative smartphone metering technology installed by opt-in panelists on their smartphones. From the two-step cluster analysis, with 22 actual smartphone usage parameters as input variables, six smartphone user personas emerged. The full report can be viewed here.
Vserv is the leading smart data platform for mobile marketing and commerce. The platform has the largest mobile internet user base in India & Southeast Asia with unique and rich insights on these users. Vserv's revolutionary platform transforms big data to smart data, empowering companies to achieve sharper results. Founded in 2010, Vserv has over 500 Mn unique user profiles globally, and is backed by Maverick Capital, IDG Ventures India & Epiphany Ventures.
For details, please visit http://www.vserv.com.
For more information contact: