- Sustained Increase More Than Triple Anticipated Market Growth -
SAN JOSE, California, Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vormetric, the leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual and cloud environments, once again outpaced market growth in Q3 2013. The company attributes its growth, which was a 29 percent increase in Q3 2013 over Q3 2012, to a continued increase in enterprise adoption along with growing interest in its cloud security solutions and growing global footprint. Gartner estimates just 8.7 percent growth for security technology and services in 2013. Today, 17 of the Fortune 25 protect sensitive data with Vormetric's data security solutions.
Click to tweet: .@Vormetric announces nearly 30% growth in Q3 2013 over Q3 2012 #DataSecurity continues to be a priority for enterprises.
"Organizations feel more vulnerable to abuse of privileged user access to sensitive data," said Alan Kessler, Vormetric's president and CEO. "We learned this in a recent poll of over 700 IT professionals. The need to protect critical information continues to drive interest in our Vormetric Data Firewall™ solution across both commercial and government market segments. Our growth can be directly attributed to this technology."
Additional Vormetric business highlights for Q3 2013 include:
- The "Vormetric Insider Threat Report" – which surveyed more than 700 IT decision–makers and was created with the goal of providing timely, relevant information about issues surrounding Insider Threats and Privileged Users.
- The launch of the Vormetric Data Firewall for AWS in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace, enabling organizations of all types and sizes access to meet strict compliance requirements and protect sensitive data within AWS implementations with this Vormetric solution.
- Extending our global reach with COMPUTERLINKS, the leading regional Value Added Distributor (VAD) added for Australia.
- Key capabilities and partnerships for security intelligence with HP ArcSight and Splunk integrations.
More than ever before, data breaches are in the headlines. Increases in the frequency and type of the attacks that compromise data are clearly linked to the fact that organizations have traditionally focused on their network perimeter and end-points, rather than protecting data at the source – in physical and virtual server environments where it is stored.
"The increasing success of our data-centric security solutions is a direct result of organizations' needs to meet today's strict compliance requirements, to protect data from new attacks that easily penetrated enterprise perimeters as well as to the recent rise in insider threats", added Kessler. "Research shows that some organizations have started to implement the security controls needed to offset these threats, and the broader market recognition of the need to solve these problems is driving the continued growth of our organization".
Vormetric (@Vormetric) is the industry leader in data security solutions that span physical, virtual and cloud environments. Data is the new currency and Vormetric helps over 1200 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 25 and many of the world's most security conscious government organizations, to meet compliance requirements and protect what matters — their sensitive data — from both internal and external threats. The company's scalable solution suite protects any file, any database and any application — anywhere it resides — with a high performance, market-leading data firewall that incorporates application transparent encryption, privileged user access controls, automation and security intelligence.
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc. All other names mentioned
are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.