- Automotive supplier will showcase award-winning concepts at leading European electronics event
MUNICH, Nov. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) will present its latest automotive electronics innovations at Electronica 2014 in Munich, from Nov. 11-14, in Hall A6, Booth 343. Visteon will display several new connected technology concepts, including its industry-first connected Fusion platform, which was recently awarded a European innovation prize.
Electronica 2014 is Visteon's first European technology showcase since the July 1 acquisition of Johnson Controls' electronics business, positioning Visteon as the world's third largest cockpit electronics supplier with leadership positions in each of its core segments.
"The technologies we are bringing to Electronica demonstrate how we design and build solutions that adapt to the rapid convergence of consumer electronics and automotive technology," said Visteon's Tim Yerdon, global leader, design, marketing and connected services. "Visteon's connected technology innovations will change the way drivers interface with the vehicle and the way the vehicle interfaces with the Cloud."
Visteon will demonstrate its new enhanced technology lineup through a range of interactive displays that illustrate its latest connected cockpit electronics technologies, advanced driver information and infotainment solutions.
- Fusion connected platform: Visteon's first-to-market connected infotainment platform integrates driver information, infotainment and Cloud connectivity through a seamless human machine interaction (HMI) experience. The platform was awarded a first-prize innovation award by European Automotive Industry organizations CLEPA and VDA and will enter into production with a leading European vehicle manufacturer in 2018.
- Mazda cross-carline infotainment system: Recently celebrated as Japan's Car of the Year and placed first on Germany's Autobild Connected Car Index, the Mazda2, Mazda3 and Mazda Axela incorporate Visteon's advanced infotainment system and industry-first automotive tablet display. The class-leading infotainment system offers the driver and passengers seamless connectivity while on the road.
- Renault NEXTTWO connected cockpit: Visteon collaborated with Renault to develop a new connected cockpit solution with driver delegation functionality. The NEXTTWO showcases many connected car functions, demonstrated via a multi-modal HMI of voice, touch and advanced displays. The cockpit enables the driver and passengers to continue their "digital" lives uninterrupted – through features such as video calls while in autonomous driving mode.
- OASIS: An acronym for optimized, adaptable, secure, intelligent and seamless, OASIS is a new cockpit concept connecting the car to the driver via Cloud computing. The concept is designed to secure the connectivity of vehicle networks and improve data security for drivers and passengers.
Visteon's Bruno Pinto, technical sales manager, will also join the lineup of speakers at the Electronica automotive conference on Nov. 10, with a presentation titled "Delivering the Connected Vehicle User Experience."
Electronica is a bi-annual trade show for the electronics industry. Attracting more than 2,669 exhibitors from 49 countries and 100,000 global visitors, the event is one of the largest of its kind.
Visteon is a global automotive supplier delivering value for vehicle manufacturers and shareholders through two high-growth core businesses: automotive cockpit electronics and thermal management. Visteon owns 70 percent of Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp., the world's second largest provider of vehicle thermal management solutions. Visteon designs, engineers and manufactures innovative components and systems for virtually every vehicle manufacturer worldwide. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; Visteon has facilities in 31 countries and employs about 29,000 people, as of Sept. 30, 2014. Visteon had sales of $7.4 billion in 2013. Learn more at www.visteon.com.