LONDON, January 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Spring Summer 2012 starts, for Very's Love Label, with a confection of candy coloured styles in fragile fabrics finished with gentle trims. What lingers about the collection is just how sweet it is - laser cut lace tops, organza cocktail dresses and embroidered fit and flare dresses begin proceedings with a girlish flourish.
Next comes a riot of prints. From graphic tropical motifs to full blown Hawaiian blooms, oriental blossoms to ditsy florals, the prints are vibrant and fun!
A luxurious story of soft, slinky metallic features through vests and floaty, divinely beautiful tunics, tea and maxi dresses. Shimmering tones of gold, pewter and bronze are realised through dustings of embellishment, oversized and intricate sequins, resulting in a look that is effortlessly glamorous. Block colour is used to create a collection of sports luxe inspired separates. Quilted bomber style jackets in teal, a peplum skirt in pillar box red, body con racer front dresses, peg trousers and layered vests create a stylish take on this relaxed, slouchy trend.
Fearne Cotton's collection encapsulates the designer's signature vintage style but, for the sultry heat of summer, is inspired by the sensual, stylised glamour of the1970s. However less is more for this season and the look stays refreshingly airy with a minimal palette and light as air fabrics.
Drawing on the glamorous sirens of yesteryear, Holly Willoughby's SS12 collection features a floor sweeping maxi dress, a form flattering wrap and a flirty 40s style tea dress. Team with vintage inspired peep toes and a tailored blazer for that Hollywood pin up look.
The 1960s provides inspiration for Diana Vickers' collection. Psychedelic and pop art prints feature on A line mini dresses, body con midi dresses and slim fit shirts. A ruffle organza blouse adds a touch of the Avant garde, reflecting the crazy cool styling this pop princess is synonymous with. Finally the smart cotton coat and contrast collar dress provides some retro uptown chic.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Very.co.uk is part of Shop Direct Group, the UK's largest online and home shopping retailer with sales of circa £1.7 billion
- The Group has 6m active customers across the business
- Other brands with the Shop Direct Group portfolio include Very.com, Littlewoods, isme, Woolworths.co.uk, Littlewoods Ireland and Brandquarter
- Shop Direct Group is the largest full price branded clothing and footwear retailer in the UK, 2nd largest online clothing retailer in the UK, 3rd largest bedding and mattress retailer in the UK, 4th largest sportswear retailer in the UK and 5th largest electrical retailer in the UK
- Shop online at http://www.very.co.uk