- The leader in application security services offers proactive approach to securing apps and avoiding an explosive breach
BURLINGTON, Massachusetts, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As America's attention turns to Independence Day, backyard cookouts and fireworks displays, Veracode, Inc., the leader in application security services, has a different kind of fireworks in mind – explosive ramifications organizations face from security breaches.
"Security breaches happen every day to organizations across the country and throughout the world," said Chris Wysopal, Co-Founder and CTO of Veracode. "Making sure the most robust security measures are in place is the best way to protect your organization's information, intellectual property and brand."
Recent research from Veracode shows that 84 percent of web applications from American public companies are at risk of being hacked, despite more stringent compliance requirements set by the SEC. Because hackers don't take holidays, Veracode offers a range of application security services designed to keep organizations safe 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Veracode's application security services include:
- Via a cloud-based platform, Veracode helps organizations reduce risk from insecure software while improving their security posture and operational effectiveness and helping them achieve compliance objectives with regulations and organizations such PCI, FISMA, HIPAA and the SEC.
- Vulnerabilities in code are increasingly the cause of high-profile data breaches, leading to today's enterprises requiring independent and visible proof that the software they purchase is secure. Veracode's cloud-based platform now makes it easy for organizations to conduct independent application security assessments of their own software and those from third-parties in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Veracode provides organizations with the only viable solution for verifying security of third-party applications coming from independent software vendors, outsourced development houses, open source code and even third-party libraries in a cost-effective and scalable manner.
- Layers human expertise on top of automated static binary and automated dynamic analysis when assessing high assurance applications. A manual penetration test is required to obtain the VERAFIED™ HIGH ASSURANCE marks for OWASP Top 10 and CWE/SANS Top 25.
More information on Veracode's services and steps developers and others can take to make applications more secure is available on the Veracode website: http://www.veracode.com/services
Veracode is the only independent provider of cloud-based application intelligence and security verification services. The Veracode platform provides the fastest, most comprehensive solution to improve the security of internally developed, purchased or outsourced software applications and third-party components. By combining patented static, dynamic and manual testing, extensive eLearning capabilities, and advanced application analytics, Veracode enables scalable, policy-driven application risk management programs that help identify and eradicate numerous vulnerabilities by leveraging best-in-class technologies from vulnerability scanning to penetration testing and static code analysis. Veracode delivers unbiased proof of application security to stakeholders across the software supply chain while supporting independent audit and compliance requirements for all applications no matter how they are deployed, via the web, mobile or in the cloud. Veracode works with customers in more than 80 countries worldwide representing Global 2000 brands. For more information, visit www.veracode.com, follow on Twitter: @Veracode or read the Veracode Blog.