GOTHENBURG, Sweden, December 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid is Volvo Car Corporation's most technically advanced model ever. The world's first diesel plug-in hybrid is an electric car, hybrid car and muscle car all rolled into one.
The V60 plug-in Hybrid offers the driver three on-demand possibilities:
- Up to 50 km on pure electricity with zero tailpipe emissions.
- Super-efficient hybrid power with fuel consumption at 1,9 l/100 km and CO2 emissions at 49 g/100 km.
- Using the total of 285 hp to create a muscle car with acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 6.2 seconds.
Sales of the Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid start at the beginning of 2012. The indicative price of the world's first plug-in hybrid with diesel engine is starting at EUR 57,000 depending on market.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
- After the initial batch of 1000 cars for model year 2013, production of the V60 Plug-in Hybrid will increase to between 4000 and 6000 cars as of model year 2014.
- About 30 percent of total volume will go to Sweden and the other Nordic countries. Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Britain will have a share of between 5 and 15 percent each.
- Volvo Car Corporation expects that 80 percent of total sales will be company cars.
- The Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid is the result of close cooperation between Volvo Car Corporation and Swedish electricity supplier Vattenfall. The two companies financed the development project jointly.
- The V60 Plug-in Hybrid is only available in Electric Silver livery. The interior has black leather upholstery with contrasting stitching and inlays of blue-grey wood.
- The front wheels are powered by the five-cylinder 2.4-litre turbodiesel with 215 hp and maximum torque of 440 Nm. The car has a six-speed automatic transmission.
- The rear axle is powered by an electric motor producing 70 horsepower. The electric motor is supplied with power from a 11,2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack installed under the load compartment floor.
- The driver selects the required driving mode via three buttons that give the car three entirely different temperaments: Pure, Hybrid or Power.
- In Pure mode the car is powered solely by its electric motor with a range up to 50 kilometres.
- In Hybrid the diesel engine and electric motor cooperate to keep CO2 emissions (NEDC, mixed driving cycle for certification) down to 49 g/km (1.9 l/100 km). The car has a total range of up to 1000 km.
- In Power mode the technology is optimised to give the car a diesel and electric power output of 215+70 horsepower. Maximum torque is 440+200 Nm. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h takes 6.2 seconds.
- The V60 Plug-in Hybrid is recharged from a regular power outlet (230V). A full charge with 10A takes 4.5 hours. This is cut to 3.5 hours with 16A, while a 6A charge takes 7.5 hours.
Stefan Jacoby, President and CEO of the Volvo Car Corporation:
"With the V60 Plug-in Hybrid we boost our leading position in electrification. None of our competitors can offer customers an equally ingenious car. It elevates hybrid technology to an entirely new level."
"The on-demand possibility to choose between the car's three different temperaments makes the V60 Plug-in Hybrid superior to all other hybrids on the market. Thanks to the Pure, Hybrid and Power buttons, the V60 Plug-in Hybrid is the perfect choice for the uncompromising customer who wants minimum carbon dioxide emissions combined with maximum driving pleasure."
"There is immense interest from the markets. We are convinced that the first thousand cars will be sold even before production gets under way next autumn."
SOURCE Volvo Car Corporation