DUBLIN, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lglbn7/uv_led_technology) has announced the addition of the "UV LED Technology & Application Trends Report 2013" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
From $45M in 2012 to $270M in 2017, the UV LED market is booming - but we're just scratching the surface of the technology's true potential.
Thanks to its compactness, low cost of ownership and environmentally-friendly composition, UV LED continues to replace incumbent technologies like mercury. Hence, the UV LED business is expected to grow from $45M in 2012 to nearly $270M by 2017, at a CAGR of 43% - whereas the traditional UV lamps market will grow at a CAGR of 10% during the same time period.
In 2012, UVA/UVB applications represented 89% of the overall UV LED market. Amongst these applications, UV curing is the most dynamic and most important market, due to significant advantages offered over traditional technologies (lower cost of ownership, system miniaturization, etc.). We estimate that if new UV LED applications continue emerging, the associated business could represent nearly $30M by 2017, which would increase the overall UV LED market size to nearly $300M.
This market & technology analysis is a comprehensive review of every UV application (including a deep analysis of UV curing and UV disinfection purification), highlighting: UV working principle, market structure, UV LED market drivers and the challenges/characteristics associated, time-to-market, penetration rate & Total Accessible Market (TAM) for UV LEDs, and much more. Additionally, this report details the market metrics for traditional UV lamps and UV LEDs over the period 2012 - 2017, with splits by application for each technology (volume & market size, etc.).
OBJECTIVES OF THE REPORT
- Detail traditional UV lamp business (applications and associated characteristics, main market metrics, positioning & strategy of main players, etc.) and its ongoing transition to UV LED technology (added value, associated strategy & business model, supply chain, etc.).
- Analyze UV lamp applications (with a specific focus on UVA curing and UVC disinfection/purification) and requirements for UV LEDs to access them.
- Review the UV LED industry from substrate to system, and understand the impact on the traditional UV system's value and supply chain.
- Analyze the UV LED performance roadmap and substrate, and the industry's progress.
- Identify emerging UV LED applications and associated characteristics, timeline, etc.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Traditional UV lamp business
2. UV Lamp vs. UV LED
3. UVA / UVB Applications
4. UVC applications
5. UV LED market
6. UV LED industry
7. UV LED Performance Roadmap
8. UV LED substrates
9. New Applications of UV LEDs
10. General Conclusion
11. UV Industry - Company Profiles of Major Players
For more information visit Research and Markets
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets