DUBLIN, Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gmf45q/oncology_pathways) has announced the addition of the "Oncology Pathways in the US - Friend or Foe for Pharma?" report to their offering.
The costs of treating cancer in the US are spiralling upward, and payers have taken notice. This report takes a detailed look at the growing focus on value and quality that is driving greater use of clinical pathways. This great piece of analysis will allow you to formulate successful strategies that allow you to enter this market, taking all factors into consideration.
What's included in this report:
- Detailed analysis of the current uses of oncology pathways including third party vendors' business models, payer adoption and physicians' incentives- An overview of the impact of oncology pathways on oncology care and costs so far- A discussion of the likely impact of oncology pathways on the oncology drug market and pharma's market access strategies
Key questions answered:
- Who is developing and using oncology clinical pathways?- What impact have oncology pathways had on the oncology drug use so far?- What strategies do pharmaceutical companies need to implement to mitigate the potential negative impact of oncology pathways on their oncology products or maximize opportunities?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary- The growing need for better management of oncology costs- Overview of oncology clinical pathway programs- The impact of pathways on oncology- Oncology pathways and pharma- Future of oncology pathways
2. Management of Oncology Costs
- As oncology spending grows, so does payers' use of utilization controls
- Clinical pathways - what, who, and where?
3. Oncology Clinical Pathway Programs and Developers- Oncology pathway developers- Design and structure of pathways- Bibliography
4. The Impact of Pathways on Oncology
- A minority of US payers have implemented oncology pathways, but many expect use to increase
- Research and company-reported data suggest that pathways help standardize treatment and save money in oncology
- Drivers and resistors to the use of oncology pathways from different stakeholder perspectives
- The place of pathways in the changing oncology payment landscape
5. Oncology Pathways and Pharma- Remember that the pathway's first step is in the clinical development program- Oncology pathway inclusion will increasingly hinge on available biomarkers- Open the transparency dialog with third-party pathway vendors- Off-pathway and ahead-of-pathway messaging can drive success at the margins- Recognize that oncology pathways could be protective for novel, high-priced therapies- Bibliography
6. Future of Oncology Pathways
- Fragmentation or consolidation: the jury is still out
- The limited role of patients could be expanding
- Oncology medical societies will help drive pathways to progress in the private and potentially the public sector
- Pathways will enter public sector payment models as components of larger APMs
- Big data in medicine: help or harm for pathways?
For more information visit
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets