FELTON, California, September 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The U.S. kaolin market size valued at USD 1.29 billion in 2016, is anticipated to be driven by the growing consumption of cement, fiberglass, plastics, paints, and adhesives in numerous end-use sectors including construction and automobile. Rising infrastructure spending coupled with the increasing automobile production is expected to propel growth.
Kaolin is used in a variety of products that are utilized in the construction industry including cement, paints, adhesives, plastics, rubber, ceramics, and fiberglass. The penetration for kaolin in these applications has been increasing as they are not only effective in bringing down the overall cost of the final product, but they also increase the durability of the base material.
Fiberglass is used mesh fabrics, self-adhesive tapes, and wall covering owing to its ability to add strength and resistance to impact and fire. Fiberglass in the form of GFRP composites is used in a wide range of end-use sectors including wind energy, transportation, aerospace, marine, and civil construction. The growth of these end-use sectors on account of improving economic conditions in the country is anticipated to drive the demand for fiberglass, and in turn, the kaolin market. Fiberglass market is estimated to generate revenues worth USD 549.1 million by 2025.
Technological advancements in the process of manufacturing plastics have resulted in the incorporation of numerous additives including fillers such as kaolin. Increasing production of plastics is expected to augment the demand for kaolin over the forecast period. The segment is projected to grow at a volume CAGR of 5.3% over the projected period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "U.S. Kaolin Market Size and Forecast By Application (Paper, Ceramics, Paints & Adhesives, Fiberglass, Rubber, Plastics, Cement), And Trend Analysis, 2014 To 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/us-kaolin-market
The U.S. plastic production increased from 108,183 million pounds in 2014 to 110,781 million pounds in 2015. Infrastructure development and growth of the manufacturing sector is expected to augment the demand for plastics, thereby bolstering the expansion of the kaolin industry.
The market is characterized by frequent changes in prices primarily due to volatile product demand as well as a rise in production costs. Demand plays a significant role in determining the price cap of the product, as bulk production assists in lowering costs. However, volatile movement of the paper, and oil & gas markets have been resulting in adversely impacting the profit margins of manufacturers.
Imerys, KaMin, Thiele Kaolin and BASF are some of the prominent players within the U.S. industry. Other leading vendors include Advanced Primary Minerals Corp., Active Minerals International, Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC, and Lhoist Group.
Browse reports of similar category by Hexa Research:
- U.S. Nitric Acid Market - U.S. nitric acid market size was estimated to be worth USD 4.06 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow substantially owing to its extensive use of manufacturing fertilizers and chemicals.
- Methanol Market - Global methanol market was estimated at USD 21.4 billion in 2016 and is expected to witness significant growth on account of the rising demand for petrochemical derived products.
- Citric Acid Market - Global citric acid market size was estimated at USD 2.89 billion in 2016 and is expected to witness significant growth on account of its extensive use in numerous applications.
- Cellulose Acetate Butyrate (CAB) Market - Global cellulose acetate butyrate (CAB) market size was estimated to be USD 672.8 million in 2016 and is expected to grow over the forecast period driven primarily by the growth of the paints & coatings market.
Hexa Research has segmented the U.S. kaolin market based on application:
Segmentation By Application, 2014 - 2024 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
• Paints & adhesives
Key players analyzed:
• Thiele Kaolin
• BASF SE
• Imerys SA
• Advanced Primary Minerals Corp.
• KaMin LLC
• Active Minerals International
• Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC
• Lhoist Group
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
SOURCE Hexa Research