FELTON, California, July 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The U.S. electronic goods recycling market size is expected to reach USD 15.23 billion by 2025. Factors such as rapid industrialization, increasing demand for automobiles and consumer electronics, and growing need to manage proper utilization of natural resources are expected to propel demand for electronic goods recycling over the forthcoming years.
According to the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), approximately 4.5 million tons of electronic waste (e-waste) is recycled in U.S. every year. Electronic goods recycling refers to conversion of electronic scrap into useful raw material. This helps maximize natural resources and minimize harmful impact on the environment resulting from e-waste. Usage of electronic gadgets has grown considerably over the past decade or so, transforming the speed and quality of communication, information gathering, and entertainment. The U.S. government is supporting the recycling industry by donating used electronic products, which can be converted into valuable products.
Positive economic conditions in U.S. are boosting consumer confidence and spending power. Rising consumer disposable income is creating significant potential for the electronics goods industry, subsequently impacting the growth of the e-waste recycling market. According to ISRI, the U.S. electronic recycling market has recorded tremendous growth over the past few years. It reached the valuation of about USD 20 billion in last few decades and employs more than 45,000 employees in the industry.
Browse full research report with TOC on "U.S. Electronic Goods Recycling Market Size and Forecast, By Type (Computer Systems, Televisions, Mobile Devices), By End-User (Metal Wholesalers and Reprocessors, Electronic Goods Manufacturers), And Trend Analysis, 2015 - 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/us-electronic-goods-recycling-market
Electric scrap is generated from computers, audio visual components, stereo equipment, plastics from monitors, key boards, printers, and computer wires, chips and other gold-plated components, VCRs, mobile phones, and other handheld devices. This electronic waste is utilized by manufacturing industries for producing new products and components. According to ISRI, the recycling industry transforms 130 million metric tons of obsolete scrap from businesses, consumers, and manufacturers. Electronic waste made from plastic, aluminum, copper, and iron can be recycled and re-used. Companies are focusing on maximizing their profit by recycling scrap from cheaper electronic goods.
Key vendors operating in the market include Ultimate Electronic Recycling Inc.; American Iron & Electronic Goods; Armco Electronic Goods Holdings, Inc.; Commercial Electronic Goods Company. Existence of many companies is projected to improve market revenue in future. Moreover, increasing need for proper utilization of limited natural resources is expected to open up several opportunities for market players over the forthcoming years.
Companies functioning in the market are involved in collecting, processing, and recycling industry scrap and distributing it to various gadget-manufacturing companies. Key market players are concentrating on research and development activities to expand recycling process and reduce cost and time involved during reprocessing of electronic goods.
Browse more reports by Hexa Research:
- U.S. Battery Recycling Market - U.S. battery recycling market size was valued at USD 944.4 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a steady pace owing to stringent government regulations regarding battery manufacturing and disposal processes.
- U.S. Night Vision Device Market - U.S. night vision device market size was estimated at USD 3.74 billion in 2017. It is expected to reach USD 4.39 billion by 2025. Night vision devices are less expensive than thermal imagining devices, as a result, their demand is higher for a variety of applications.
- Silicon Wafer Market - global silicon wafer market size was estimated at USD 7.21 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow due to the rising use of semiconductors in various industry verticals such as automotive, consumer electronics, medical and military. Silicon wafer is used as a substrate in the fabrication of semiconductor components such as integrated circuits (ICs).
- Laser Marking Machine Market - Global laser marking machine market size was estimated at USD 2.21 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow due to its increasing utilization worldwide. The absence of substitute technologies is expected to provide an impetus to the growth of the market over the next few years.
Hexa Research has segmented the U.S. electronic goods recycling market report based on type and end-user:
Segmentation by Type, 2015 - 2025 (USD Billion)
• Computer Systems
• Mobile Devices
Segmentation by End-User, 2015 - 2025 (USD Billion)
• Metal Wholesalers and Reprocessors
• Electronic Goods Manufacturers
Key players analyzed
• Ultimate Electronic Recycling Inc.
• Armco Electronic Goods Holdings, Inc.
• American Iron & Electronic Goods
• Commercial Electronic Goods Company
• SIMS RECYCLING LTD
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
SOURCE Hexa Research