- Frost & Sullivan hosts complimentary webinar that will discuss topics affecting the 2013 homeland defense budget.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. EDT
Online, with free registration
John Hernandez, Senior Industry Analyst for Frost & Sullivan's Aerospace & Defense practice
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS's) budget for fiscal year (FY) 2013 has recently been published. The deficit reduction efforts remain a contentious subject, casting the threat of sequestration by Congress.
This presentation will address how cuts across the board will affect the Department of Homeland Security and highlight the companies that have vested interests in the DHS FY 2013 budget. The briefing will also showcase which major DHS agencies stand to lose the most if the sequester occurs, along with other elements, beyond budget reductions, that will affect these agencies.
The webinar will benefit government contract companies that are engaged in various programs and projects within DHS. It will also offer some possibilities as to which programs and projects face termination in addition to which have a tentative growth potential in 2013.
"The DHS will continue to insist on commercial, off-the-shelf solutions that can easily be applied on existing infrastructure to reduce cost and simplify operations," said Frost & Sullivan Senior Industry Analyst John Hernandez. "Looming threats of sequestration is prompting DHS to tighten its belt. The Customs and Border Protection agency's decision to postpone additional purchases of drones, and the Coast Guard's delay in scrapping the Polar Sea Icebreaker are indicators DHS is preparing for cuts."
For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Aerospace & Defense practice, please visit: http://www.defense.frost.com.
- To attend the briefing, email email@example.com your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and website, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan