FELTON, California, July 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The U.S. battery recycling market size is expected to reach USD 1.36 billion by 2025 as a result of increasing demand from widespread applications. Stringent regulations due to rising environmental concerns are driving the battery-recycling sector. Manufacturing of batteries results in high energy consumption and pollution due to CO2 emissions, which further affects the environment. Hence, the government has set up laws and regulations regarding manufacturing and disposal of batteries.
Significant lead emissions are reported annually, ranging from 5 kg to 12,250 kg. Excessive emissions can act as a threat to the recycling market. For instance, in 2015, the Exide technologies plant in Verona was shut down by the government owing to excessive pollution and contamination of the neighborhood, exposing the surroundings with toxic and harmful substances. It contributed to 3,400 pounds of lead emitted, causing air pollution and soil contamination.
New innovative techniques are being developed for sustainable ways to recycle batteries, which is also anticipated to boost market demand. Recently-developed battery recycling methods directly spit out the compound and can be used in new batteries right away. This process is expected to shorten the cost, complexity, and energy requirements of conventional recycling techniques. This factor is also anticipated to have a positive impact on market expansion over the next few years. Direct technology of structuring the cathode material being used by two major market players, Farasis Energy and OnTo Technologies, is also expected to spur the U.S. battery recycling market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "U.S. Battery Recycling Market Size And Forecast, By Type (Lead Acid, Lithium Ion, Nickel Batteries), By End Use (Wholesalers, Manufacturers) And Trend Analysis, 2015 - 2025" at: https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/us-battery-recycling-market
Furthermore, increasing demand for batteries from the automotive sector is driving the growth of lead acid batteries as disposal of such batteries is illegal in most states. Thus, these batteries are returned to manufacturers through back-haul channels, reducing transportation expenses. Lead acid battery is the dominant segment due to simple process of recycling. Extracted components of these batteries can be readily used for manufacturing new ones. Automated technology for battery disassembly has also driven the lead acid battery recycling segment over the past few years.
Browse more reports by Hexa Research:
- U.S. Night Vision Device Market - U.S. night vision device market size was estimated at USD 3.74 billion in 2017. It is expected to reach USD 4.39 billion by 2025. Night vision devices are less expensive than thermal imagining devices, as a result, their demand is higher for a variety of applications.
- U.S. Electronic Goods Recycling Market - U.S. electronic goods recycling market size was estimated at USD 10.05 billion in 2017. Rapid industrialization and intensifying need to reuse waste material to meet high demand from consumers are anticipated to boost revenue generation in the market.
- Silicon Wafer Market - Global silicon wafer market size was estimated at USD 7.21 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow due to the rising use of semiconductors in various industry verticals such as automotive, consumer electronics, medical and military. Silicon wafer is used as a substrate in the fabrication of semiconductor components such as integrated circuits (ICs).
- High-Brightness (HB) LED Market - Global high-brightness (HB) LED market was valued at USD 15.6 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow on account of its increasing demand in various applications including lighting for automobiles and electronics. Increasing sales of these segments are expected to provide an impetus to the growth of the market over the projected years.
Hexa Research has segmented the U.S. battery recycling market report based on product type and end-use:
Segmentation by product type, 2015 - 2025 (USD Billion)
• Lead Acid
• Lithium Ion
• Nickel Batteries
Segmentation by end use, 2015 - 2025 (USD Billion)
Key players analyzed:
• Call2Recycle, Inc.
• Aqua Metals
• Exide Technologies
• Johnson Controls International Plc
About Hexa Research
Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Toll Free: 1-800-489-3075
SOURCE Hexa Research