The market for transdermal products has skyrocketed since its innovation and is likely to continue for the foreseeable future. An increasing number of Transdermal drug delivery (TDD) products continue to deliver real therapeutic benefit to patients around the world. The FDA approved a total of 32 transdermal products over the past 20 years, the majority of which use passive transport that allows the drug to be continually absorbed into the skin via natural processes.
Transdermal patches presently donning the market are formulated in accordance with requirement of the medicinal therapy. They can be worn for as low as 8 hours to as long as 7 days depending on the therapeutic indication. These patches are secured with adhesives, which are designed to adhere comfortably to the skin which in turn allows a patient to use the patches for as long as is indicated by his or her physician. Transdermal drug delivery provides excellent control of the rate of delivery directly into the bloodstream. It also offers a predictable pharmacokinetic profile and constant drug levels over extended periods of time without the extreme peak/trough fluctuations inherent in oral administration with the inherent power of discontinuation of therapy immediately by simply removing the patch.
Technologies behind transdermal patches are improving continuously and have been introduced for different indication in US. They have been introduced for new indications for which no transdermal product was available allowing them to occupy major market shares. Increase in demand for better therapeutics at affordable prices is expected to be the main factor behind their growth in US market.
Improved material science, advanced manufacturing capabilities and high acceptance rates will further propel growth in this segment. However, some immediate issues like lesser coverage of indications have yet to be overcome in coming years. Another issue is technology related, which has definitely improved, but needs to be improved in order to come forth with diseases like HIV infection. Overall, transdermal patch market in US is expected to grow continuously reflecting optimistic future. US Transdermal Patch Market Outlook 2020 Report Highlights:
- US Transdermal Patch Market Overview - Generic & Branded Transdermal Patches - US Transdermal Patch Market: Value Chain Analysis - US Transdermal Patch Contract Manufacturing Organization - US Transdermal Patch Clinical Pipeline Insight by Company, Indication & Phase - US Transdermal Patch Clinical Pipeline: 55 Patches - Majority Patches in Preclinical Phase: 23 Patches - Marketed Transdermal Patch Clinical Insight by Company & Indication - Marketed Transdermal Patches in US: 32 Patches
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to Transdermal Patch
2. Classification of Transdermal Patches
3. Why There Exist Need for Transdermal Patches?
4. Mechanism of Transdermal Patch Drug Delivery
5. Transdermal Patch v/s Traditional Drug Delivery Methods
6. US Transdermal Patch Market Overview
7. Generic & Branded Transdermal Patches
8. Value Chain Analysis for Transdermal Patch Market
9. US Transdermal Patch Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO)
10. US Transdermal Patch Market Opportunity Assessment
11. US Transdermal Patch Market Dynamics
12. US Transdermal Patch Market Future Prospects
13. US Transdermal Patch Clinical Pipeline by Company, Indication & Phase
14. Marketed Transdermal Patch Clinical Insight by Company & Indication
15. Discontinued & No Development Reported in US Transdermal Patch Clinical Pipeline