DUBLIN, April 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n9c7p9/11th_annual_us) has announced the addition of the "11th Annual US Prepaid Cards Market Forecasts, 2014-2017" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
New Research Shows Which Segments Of The Prepaid Market Will Grow, And Which Will Shrink Through 2017
The report titled 11th Annual US Prepaid Cards Market Forecasts, 2014-2017 provides an analysis of the growth and development of the prepaid cards industry through 2017. The report overviews load, growth, and market dynamics in the United States across all prepaid segments.
The report identifies key segments that will continue to witness a decline over the next few years as well as those that should see growth. The economy, politics, and consumer behavior will all influence which segments grow and which decline.
This report reviews and forecasts load dollar volume and card volume for both open-loop and closed-loop segments. This forecast highlights the segments approaching market saturation as well as those that will continue to experience double-digit annual growth.
"The fluctuating economy has made the prepaid market much more dynamic, with some segments benefitting and others seeing slower growth," Ben Jackson, author of the report, comments.
Highlights of the report include:
- In this annual forecast report, a largely conservative approach has been taken to forecasting prepaid market growth due to the current state of the U.S. economy, the uncertain regulatory environment, and rapidly changing payments technology.
- This forecast assumes that the slow economic recovery will continue and that government benefit programs will continue to shrink, with the exceptions of Social Security and Court-Ordered Payments.
- The two largest segments traditionally have been closed-loop In-Store Gift Cards and Nutrition Assistance. The Money and Financial Services segment overtook closed-loop Nutrition Assistance cards in 2013, and, if the current weakness in closed-loop gift cards continues, it will become the largest segment in 2014.
- Based on the much larger total closed-loop market size, the open-loop market will not surpass the closed-loop market until 2017, individual segments notwithstanding. The fastest growing segments are forecast to be the open-loop FSA/HSA Tax Deferred Programs segment, open-loop Money / Financial Services segment, and the closed-loop Digital Media segment.
Key Topics Covered:
Open-Loop Market Load Forecast
Closed-Loop Market Load Forecast
2. Open-Loop Card Forecasts
3. Cash Access Category
Open-Loop Travel Cards
Money / Financial Services Cards
Open-Loop Gift Cards
Remittance and P2P
4. Business Time and Expense Category (Open-Loop)
Open-Loop Events and Meetings
Open-Loop Employee and Partner Incentives
Open-Loop Consumer Incentives
5. Campus (Open-Loop)
Open-Loop Campus Segment
6. In-Store Gift Cards Category (Open-Loop)
Open-Loop In-Store Gift Cards
7. Government Category (Open-Loop)
Open-Loop Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
8. Insurance Category
9. Payroll and Benefits Category
Open-Loop Benefits Cards
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n9c7p9/11th_annual_us
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets