DUBLIN, June 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/66c76x/gas_industry_2015) has announced the addition of the "Gas Industry 2015" report to their offering.
This report examines the downstream gas market in the UK. The downstream sector refers to the treatment of raw natural gas, and the marketing and distribution of gas to consumers. This compares with the upstream sector, which is mainly concerned with exploration and production of gas in the waters surrounding the UK. Most of the gas produced in the UK comes from UK offshore oil and gas activities in the North and Irish seas.
The supply chain for the downstream gas industry involves the following stages and types of company:
- producers - companies which are engaged in the exploration and production of gas
- importers - businesses that import gas by pipeline via interconnectors with continental Europe and, more recently, importers of liquefied natural gas (LNG) by sea
- shippers - those that have contracts with production companies and pipeline operators to bring gas ashore
- national gas transmission - gas is transported to the main region of the UK mainly by the National Grid, as well as some other operators, through the national transmissions system
- suppliers - companies that sell gas to customers from both the business and domestic markets
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction & Definition
2. Report Coverage
3. Market Sectors
4. Key Drivers
5. Market Trends
6. Economic Trends
7. Market Position
8. How Robust Is The Market?
9. The Total Market
10. By Market Sector
12. Market Growth
13. Global Gas Reserves
14. Global Gas Consumption
15. Overseas Trade
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/66c76x/gas_industry_2015