CHESTER, England, September 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
UK-based fans making a successful new card application can opt for one of four "heritage" designs
New designs launched as MBNA and Manchester United Football Club extend partnership
Manchester United Football Club and UK-based credit card specialist MBNA have launched a series of limited edition credit cards to celebrate the extension of their partnership into 2016.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
From today, every fan successfully applying for a new Manchester United Credit Card can select one of four specially commissioned designs including:
- The "Champions 2013" logo created to celebrate United's 20th league title win.
- United's famous Old Trafford stadium and "Holy Trinity" statue of club icons George Best, Denis Law and Bobby Charlton.
- Ryan Giggs' famous FA Cup goal celebration against Arsenal in 1999.
- A legends design with images of club icons through the years including Gary Neville, Andy Cole and Peter Schmeichel.
The new card designs have been launched by Manchester United as part of an extended three-year relationship with MBNA, one of the UK's largest credit card lenders. The two brands have been working together for the past 15 years.
The Manchester United Credit Card is available for UK-based fans now at
The credit card offers eligible new customers zero percent interest for 20 months on balance transfers and money transfers, plus three months at zero percent on purchases*.
The new card comes with Red Rewards, an array of benefits and incentives developed specifically for Manchester United fans. For every £50 spent on the card, the cardholder will also be entered into a monthly prize draw with a chance to win a range of fantastic prizes, including club memorabilia signed by the first team and once-in-a-lifetime days out; including the chance to watch the first team train at United's training ground.
Manchester United Group Managing Director Richard Arnold comments: "MBNA is one of the UK's largest and most well-known credit card providers and the club is delighted to be extending its successful 15 year partnership for a further three years. We have eight million followers in the UK and the new MBNA Manchester United Credit Card will give these fans a new way of showing their support, whilst taking advantage of the attractive incentives and rates MBNA has to offer."
Michael Donald, MBNA's Business Development and Commercial executive, added: "Throughout our 20 years in the UK, we've established credit card partnerships with some of the world's most iconic brands; and Manchester United Football Club is certainly one of those. We're delighted to extend our partnership for another three years, and to celebrate, we're launching something unique for fans based in the UK."
* Terms apply. Full details of these offers are available on the website and within customer's terms and conditions. The Manchester United Credit Card offers new customers successfully applying for the card zero percent on balance transfers and money transfers for 20 months (a 3 percent handling fee and 4 percent handling fee apply respectively) and as long as they are made in the first 90 days of account opening. It also includes zero percent on card purchases for three months from the date an account is opened.
Representative example 16.9% p.a. variable on card purchases. This is equivalent to 16.9% APR representative variable based on a credit limit of £1200.
Picture Caption: The four limited edition credit cards available for eligible new Manchester United Credit Card customers
About MBNA Limited:
MBNA Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation (NYSE: BAC). For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.mbna.co.uk.
Editor and supplementary notes:
The information contained in this press release is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Any consumer interested in learning more about any of this product should visit http://www.mbna.co.uk for full terms and conditions.
SOURCE MBNA Limited