Spending on Mobile Devices, SaaS, and IaaS are Fastest-Growing
BOSTON, June 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly two-thirds – 60 percent – of firms in the United Kingdom provide smart phones to their increasing contingent of mobile workers, according to a new Strategy Analytics Report, The State of Enterprise Mobility In the UK. The SA Report polled over 300 businesses and found that a growing mobile workforce requires mobile solutions to span across geographic regions, vertical markets, and mobile worker types. The Report outlines the key findings from IT decision makers related to investments in mobile devices, mobile applications, mobile security, mobile cloud and mobile UC in the UK.
Click here for the report: http://bit.ly/1egukBv
Other key findings from the survey include:
- Nearly half – 48% - of the UK workforce is mobile and mobile workers travel at least 20 percent of the time.
- The majority of businesses support Apple iOS and Google Android smart phones and tablets but 23% of UK firms indicated they will support Microsoft's Windows Phone within 12 months.
- Corporations and employees keep current on their smart phones and tablets, upgrading and replacing them every one-to-three years.
- Spending on Mobile Devices, SaaS, and IaaS have increased the most in 2014 compared to 2013.
- The UK employee base is more mobile today across all devices & applications types; more than 50% of mobile workforce use smartphones and mobile email very frequently.
- Cost savings and user device choice are the top reasons employees are allowed to purchase and use their own mobile devices in the UK.
- Among UK firms adopting BYOD and securing corporate information are the most important challenges faced by IT.
"Consumerization of IT is one of the factors driving mobility in the U.K. market, and employees are increasingly using personal mobile devices for work purposes. The rise of BYOD has created a massive need for mobile security and management solutions as a means to control BYOD's security vulnerabilities," said Gina Luk, Senior Analyst of Mobile Workforce Strategies.
Key vertical segments covered in the survey include F.I.R.E (Financial, Insurance, Real Estate), Manufacturing, Professional Services, Education/Public Sector, Healthcare/Pharmaceutical and Telecom/Media/Technology.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
SOURCE Strategy Analytics