LONDON, April 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Euro-Millions.com has released an infographic to celebrate the game's 1,000th draw, which shows £6.99 billion has been shared by 481 million winning lines in the UK so far.
Following Friday night's 1,000th EuroMillions draw, Euro-Millions.com has delved into its comprehensive records to reveal that players across the continent have banked €34.6 billion during the past 13 years.
France has provided the most jackpot winners, with 85, as well as the most winners of any prize - racking up a staggering 490.9 million successes overall. The UK boasts the second largest tally of prize winners (481.8 million), but trails Spain in third when it comes to jackpot hauls. So far, 82 Spaniards have hit the big one, compared with 65 Brits.
Irish players have also enjoyed a slice of EuroMillions luck, with 43.9 million winning tickets splitting just over €1 billion since the game began in 2004.
After crunching the data, Euro-Millions.com figured out that the luckiest times of the year to play EuroMillions are January and September, with 39 of the game's 365 jackpot winners being crowned during each of those months.
The results and information service also surveyed its users and the infographic shows that 59.3% of players left their number selections to chance, playing random lines, whilst 36% used lucky or regular numbers and 4.7% admitted to studying statistics from previous draws before forming their entries.
70% of players say they would stay anonymous with a big win, whilst only 23% say they would give up work if they came into a fortune.
Top holiday destinations for potential lottery millionaires were the Caribbean (24.8%), the USA (23%) and Dubai (13.7%). However, one respondent expressed their desire to head straight to North Yorkshire theme park Flamingo Land, whilst another extolled the virtues of the Craig Tara caravan park in Ayrshire.
Notes to Editors
The full infographic can be found at https://www.euro-millions.com/1000th-draw
Euro-Millions.com provides results and information on EuroMillions and its associated raffles, including Millionaire Maker. It is updated soon after every draw takes place.