OLDHAM, England, October 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
No. 1 Solicitors is calling on affected UK vehicle owners of VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda cars to register with them as it evaluates options for a class action lawsuit following the release of a global emissions scandal by Volkswagen, the world's second largest vehicle manufacturer.
Volkswagen AG recently admitted to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that it produced up to 11m vehicles worldwide with software that manipulates CO2 emissions tests. The software is said to affect a number of models which impacts consumers who placed their good-faith in parting money for a vehicle that may not have been what it was presented to be; eco-friendly in emissions, fuel efficient, and cost efficient on vehicle excise duty.
Mr. Ehsan Kabir, a partner at No. 1 Solicitors made the following statement:
"The key component here is whether the vehicles would have passed under emissions tests without the alleged software modifications; if not then it will need considered whether such manipulation fundamentally altered the vehicle which owners thought they were purchasing.
If it emerges that these vehicles in the UK were passed with incorrect emissions test results then not only will the EU have a potential legal right of action against Volkswagen AG but consumers could potentially also need to be compensated for increased fuel costs, depreciation in value of their vehicle and along with out of pocket expenses associated with remedial works. At present our law firm is receiving enquiries from VW consumers who are outraged by VW's actions."
No.1 Solicitors has created a dedicated page on its website with more information to help affected owners understand important steps, what consumer rights are available and the option to register to be a part of a class action lawsuit that is being evaluated to seek compensation. Consumers can visit http://www.1solicitors.co.uk/law/vw-emissions-scandal/ to learn more and register for compensation as part of a class action lawsuit.
NOTE TO EDITORS
- Volkswagen AG is the world's second largest car manufacturer and owns the VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda brands
- The U.S. Regulator Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found that up to 11m Volkswagen AG vehicles may have been designed to report lower than actual emissions test results which could impact engine efficiency, CO2 emissions linked levies such as UK road tax
- It is estimated that up to 1.2m vehicles are affected in the UK by the emissions scandal
- No. 1 Solicitors, an Oldham based law firm is calling on registered vehicle owners in the UK to contact them for free consumer advice and join a no-win, no-fee class action lawsuit that is being evaluated against the world's second largest vehicle manufacturer
- Consumers should visit http://www.1solicitors.co.uk/law/vw-emissions-scandal/ to get free advice and register their interest in obtaining compensation
ABOUT NO.1 SOLICITORS
Founded in 2014, No.1 Solicitors came about with a vision of not just redefining how legal services are provided in the UK, but establishing a law firm that puts people at its heart. The firm specialises in vehicle road traffic accidents, product liability, illnesses abroad and general personal injury compensation. It is authorised and regulated under the Solicitors Regulation Authority, membership number 607698.
SOURCE No. 1 Solicitors