CAMBRIDGE, England, March 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Ubisense plc ("Ubisense" or the "Company") (LSE:UBI), market leader in real-time location intelligence solutions, is pleased to announce that its Series 9000 equipment has passed UWB radio type approvals in Japan which enables the sale of these products into the Japanese market.
Wireless equipment to be used in Japan must be approved by assigned certification bodies according to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC). The MIC rules were changed in January of this year to accommodate UWB location tracking systems.
The Ubisense Series 9000 equipment was already certified and approved for use in Korea and is now the first location system to take advantage of the new Japanese rules.
Ubisense Series 9000 equipment works with the same Smart Factory software used in mission-critical applications in Ubisense's other worldwide installations and the newly certified hardware consists of:
- Series 9000 Sensors, which track UWB signals from the modules to allow them to be located in 3D to within 15cm.
- Ubisense Series 9000 Industrial tags, which are rugged tags with a long battery life, suitable for tracking a range of objects in difficult industrial environments.
- Ubisense Series 9000 Tool tags, which are a compact yet robust tag for tracking tools on production lines.
- Ubisense Series 9000 Trimode tags, which combine UWB for precision in-building tracking and a GPS module for outdoor tracking.
- The Series 9000 Tag Module, a compact, self-contained, pre-certified module which can be incorporated into any third-party host device.
Terry Phebey, VP Marketing of Ubisense said: "MIC have carefully studied the spectrum management issues over the last two years and have introduced regulations which allow use of UWB for high-accuracy indoor location by industry, whilst ensuring protection of existing users of the radio spectrum. This compliments very nicely our acquisition of Geoplan Interworks K.K. last December. We now have a strong local team and certified products to focus on the very large Japanese manufacturing market, in particular the automotive manufacturers."
Ubisense is a market leader in real-time location intelligence solutions which enable companies to optimise their business processes. By keeping track of key assets, Ubisense solutions bring clarity to complex operations whilst also improving quality and reliability. Ubisense Real-time Location Intelligence Solutions are used by a number of blue chip customers across the world, such as AGCO, Airbus, Aston Martin, BMW, Cablevision, Daimler, Deutsche Telekom, Duke Energy, John Deere, MINI and VW.
Ubisense is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with offices in the USA; Canada; France; Germany; Japan; Korea; Philippines and Singapore. For more information visit: http://www.ubisense.net
Ubisense Group plc
Tel: +49 211 229733 565
SOURCE Ubisense Group Plc