-- Digital Disruption Continues to be the Rule Rather than the Exception
BOSTON, Dec. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As 2014 comes to a close Strategy Analytics thoughts begin to turn towards the trends and events that will shape the digital media landscape in the coming year. In a new report "Top Ten Digital Media Predictions for 2015," Strategy Analytics Digital Media Strategies (DMS) service highlights the trends and events that will shape OTT video, cloud gaming, digital music, and digital advertising in 2015.
Click here for the report: http://bit.ly/1IKiw5P
"As a result of the proliferation of broadband and connected devices consumers have more choices than ever in how, when and where they connect with music, games and video," according to Michael Goodman, Director, Digital Media Strategies. "As consumer adoption of these online alternatives grows the degree of disruption felt by traditional distribution models is accelerating."
Top Ten Digital Media Predictions for 2015
- Netflix will see a 30% decline in subscriber growth in the U.S. in 2015.
- Google and Apple enter the fray, launching subscription video services.
- Average daily hours of television viewing in the UK will decline for the fourth year in a row.
- Netflix's presence will have a positive impact on SVOD in both Germany and France.
- Microsoft will launch a cloud gaming service.
- YouTube Music Key will disrupt the current balance of power among music streaming services.
- Amazon will launch a 3rd party ad network.
- Programmatic advertising will make inroads into television advertising.
- Display advertising will overtake search for the first time in 2015.
- Social advertising in the U.S. will top $8.2 billion in 2015.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
US Contact: Michael Goodman, +1 617 614 0769, email@example.com
European Contact: David Mercer, +44 1908 423610
SOURCE Strategy Analytics