HONG KONG, Feb. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Tissue World Barcelona conference taking place during 17 - 19 March at Fira Barcelona Gran Via (Hall 1) is the most anticipated event in the tissue paper industry featuring over 40 leading industry experts and thinkers who will analyse, debate and share valuable insight on the European tissue industry and its global significance.
Attendees will be able to:
- HEAR experts analyse the significance of huge uncertainties surrounding European economy today. On one hand, Europe is in deflation, austerity continues and the Euro could be under threat. On the other hand, the fall in oil prices is boosting real incomes while currency depreciation is encouraging exports. How will the events unfold? How will it affect the industry?
- LEARN about the evolution of global market pulp demand. How a wave of new market pulp capacity may facilitate a change in furnish trends in the tissue industry away from recovered fibre content tissue to virgin fibre content?
- KNOW successful results obtained in reduction of chatter marks by combining vibration monitoring system with Yankee coating optimisation. Details are provided for monitoring equipment and coating chemistry that were implemented on a machine experiencing severe chatter mark problems for the prior eight years.
- DISCUSS the pressing challenges for tissue makers -- how to develop products which are flexible as well as equitable and speak to a growing and savvier group of solvent consumers? How to win over consumers even those on limited budgets? Is there any opportunity to push volumes closer to the stratospheric consumption typified by North American consumers?
- REALISE the importance of tools like the life cycle assessment to determine the real carbon footprint of a particular tissue product. Is this methodology the ultimate tool to compare companies or mills amongst them?
- DISCOVER how sustainability can and should be an integral part of the strategy and decision making of any manufacturing company. SCA shares how sustainability -- including the triangle consisting of people, nature and economy -- is reflected in all levels of the organisation and the core of SCA's business model. Being the largest private forest owner in Europe is not enough -- SCA continuously increases its share of renewable energy sources and invests in the operations to achieve its ambitious CO2-reduction targets.
Phone Number: +65-6592-0886
SOURCE Tissue World - UBM