STOCKHOLM, Oct. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Tobii officially announced its next generation eye-tracking platform, Tobii IS5. The new platform represents the most advanced eye-tracking technology available to the general consumer market, and provides a smaller, more flexible, and highly accurate solution for a broad range of consumer device integrations, including notebooks, monitors, all-in-ones and computer peripherals.
In recent months, IS5 has been shown to partners and customers behind closed doors. Tobii is already engaged in development projects with customers for products that will integrate the IS5 eye tracking platform. Tobii anticipates that the first products will be available to consumers in first half of 2019.
"We continuously develop our technology to be able to reach a broader set of form factors as ultimately we believe that eye tracking will be a natural part of most devices on the market," said Henrik Eskilsson, CEO of Tobii. "IS5 marks a significant step forward in meeting the requirements of customers to be able to integrate into a much wider array of devices. With IS5, we are ready to take eye tracking to the next level in the PC market."
Tobii IS5 represents the most advanced eye tracking platform available on the market for general PCs. Key features of the IS5 include:
- The brand new Tobii EyeSensor, a custom CMOS image sensor specifically designed and optimized for eye tracking. The EyeSensor combines carefully tuned state of the art pixel technology with advanced logic, enabling the IS5 platform to provide significantly enhanced eye tracking performance compared to off-the-shelf image sensors.
- Use of infrared light illumination wavelength which is completely invisible to the human eye, enabling discreet integrations with minimal impact on the industrial design.
- A modular design which has a 60% smaller footprint than its predecessor, enabling integrations in smaller and thinner devices.
- Up to 75% more power efficient than previous generation, enabling longer battery life in notebooks.
- Enhancements to the Tobii EyeCore algorithms for better tracking under difficult conditions.
- Support for biometric security features using face ID.
For more information about the IS5 platform, including the full feature set, example use cases, general information about what is included in the platform, how eye tracking works, and information about availability, please visit www.tobii.com/tech/products/platforms/.
Ben Conrad, Vice President of Media and Influencers, Tobii Tech, phone: +1(650)224-6261, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
Tobii Announces Next Generation IS5 Eye-Tracking Platform - press release - 23 October 2018
Tobii IS5 eye-tracking integration system built-in
Tobii IS5 eye-tracking integration system
Tobii IS5 eye-tracking integration system explained