STOCKHOLM, April 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Tobii AB today reported its results for the first quarter 2017. The quarter was characterized by the focus on key product launches in Tobii Dynavox and increased investments in VR.
Comment by Tobii's CEO Henrik Eskilsson:
"The first quarter was characterized by significant investments in product development in all three business units. However, for two of the three business unit's sales for the quarter were weaker, and the Group's net sales declined 1% adjusted for currency effects compared with the corresponding period in 2016."
January – March
- The Group's sales totaled SEK 261 million (252), an increase of 4%. Adjusted for currency effects, the change was -1%.
- The gross margin was 71% (73%).
- The Group's operating loss amounted to SEK -56 million (-17). Tobii Dynavox made a contribution of SEK 20 million (27), Tobii Pro's operating profit amounted to SEK 0 million (6), while investments in Tobii Tech had an impact of SEK -76 million (-49) on the Group's earnings.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.57 (-0.29).
- Acer presented Aspire V17 Nitro, the first notebook beyond specialized gaming PCs with integrated Tobii eye tracking.
- Tobii Tech announced an R&D collaboration with Valve related to eye tracking in VR, and showed its first gaming demos in VR headsets.
- Tobii announced that Johan Wilsby has been appointed new CFO, effective June 2017.
- In April, Tobii Dynavox launched Indi, the world's first all-in-one speech tablet for communication, and Snap, the business unit's new symbol-based communication software.
Today at 10:00 a.m. Tobii will arrange a conference call with web cast presentation for media, analyst and investors. Please find dial-in details on Tobii's website under Interim Report Q1 2017.
This information is information that Tobii AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, on April 27, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. CET.
Corporate Communications Director,
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
Tobii AB Interim Report Q1 2017 - 27 April 2017
Tobii AB Interim Report Q1 2017 - Press Release - 27 April 2017
SOURCE Tobii AB