BOULDER, Colorado, June 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Have Your Best Night's Sleep Every Night, Fight Insomnia and Daytime Drowsiness and Never Doze-off While Driving
Avantechs Inc. today announces Sleepman - the revolutionary multifunctional wearable gadget, which is the first device to combine sleep optimization and enhancement functions with daytime drowsiness prevention and concentration loss alerts. Sleepman monitors electromagnetic bio-signals around the clock providing visual insights into your sleep patterns and daily activity that will improve sleep and wellbeing. Sleepman is available from today to early-bird backers on Kickstarter for $99.00, with a goal of raising $50,000 to start production.
While most activity tracking devices rely on body movements, Sleepman directly monitors electromagnetic bio-signals providing more accurate sleep and activity data. The human brain generates bio-signals constantly whether you are awake or asleep. Sleepman reads these from your wrist and analyzes the signals with its unique Electro-Dermal Activity (EDA) tracking algorithms. The EDA monitoring technologies have been thoroughly tested and optimized for several decades and added into Sleepman's effective and comfortable design.
Sleepman's key features include:
- Doze-Off Alert - improves road safety by warning drivers at the earliest signs of concentration loss and prompting them to stop and rest to avoid accidents;
- Bio-Smart Alarm - monitors your bio-signals and wakes you up in the optimum sleep stage more accurately than movement-based devices;
- Power Nap - helps you to have the perfect power nap by waking you up before you fall into a deep sleep, allowing you to stop for minutes and wake up energized and refreshed.
Sleepman also features expandable functionality with additional accessories:
- Sleep Enhancer - emits a series of micro-current impulses to the user's palm which substantially improves sleep quality;
- InsomniZap - helps the user fall asleep faster, naturally, using relaxing self-training procedures;
- Heart Rhythms Monitor - monitors heart rate and can warn of dangerous arrhythmia
- Further accessories include a Panic Alarm and many more to come…
"It's really exciting to be bringing Sleepman to Kickstarter," said Dr. Alexander Praskovsky, founder of Sleepman. "We've been working on this for more than two years, always with the aim of improving people's sleep. Sleep is one of the most important aspects of our well-being and an essential element to staying healthy, happy and alert but studies show that majority of people suffer from some kind of sleeping problems or not getting enough sleep. We hope that Sleepman can be a big part of making the world sleep better."
High-resolution images, logos and headshots can be found here.
Avantechs Inc. was founded in 2008 as a multi-disciplinary research and development (R&D) company. Avantechs Inc. has worked with a number of organizations such as the Federal Aviation Administration, the US NAVY, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, and the Air Force Research Laboratory to perform a variety of successful R&D projects. The Avantechs team of experienced scientists and engineers is highly skilled in developing and testing innovative products, from the basic idea through to the final design. The team has more than a hundred scientific publications, six awarded and two pending patents.